View Single Post
Unread 04-05-2017, 01:12 AM
Way Lyve
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 11 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.01/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.01/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.01/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.01/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.01/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.01/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.01/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.01/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.01/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.01/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
337 Won / 49 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 8.01/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.01/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.01/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.01/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.01/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.01/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
96 Won / 80 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagga Lee View Post
However, it isn't exactly parallel with the type of harassment some people of color face all too often which don't require an extraordinary circumstance such as being a suspected custie in a drug neighborhood.
Why is not the same? And again you assume you're only pulled over for being black. Also, you forgot my other example.. White people are targeted by police when there's a white suspect. Or if the white person doesn't look like the other white people in the neighborhood. Both of which have happened to me numerous times. I've been pulled over cuz I fit the script lots of times. And I've lived in very wealthy neighborhoods that were a majority white and have been stopped cuz I didn't look like the other white people.

Quote:
You might be suspected of being a custie if you show up in a predominantly black community where hardly any other white folks live, but a black person would be suspected of criminality in way more scenarios than that. If you doubt that, then how would you explain blacks getting pulled at a higher frequency than whites?
There's many reasons black people get pulled over more than white people and I'm sure some are because of racism. But that doesn't prove that there's white privilege. It just proves some police are racist. And I highly doubt a black person is necessarily always pulled over just for being black. I know a few black kids in med school who've never had police interaction. Not once between them. Yet, they would say police target all black males too. I think there has to be some sort of fault in this thinking. These kids all have parents who are doctors and grew up in the whitest areas of town. Subsequently, one of their sisters hangs out in the hood and has been pulled over a few times. But she would agree with me. So, not all black people have the same experience or same perception of their experiences. They're not a mindless collective, they're individuals.

I was going to rebuttal the rest of what you said but it's kind of redundant. Basically, no matter how much white privelage is debunked you'll latch on to what you can. Regardless, you can't even make a point without adding that it's not always true or that there may be legitimate reasons and racism isn't always the cause. But what remains true is that poor people, people without connections and little resources are always treated differently than those with means. I've been pulled over a lot for being white just like my friends that were white. Cuz where we lived whitboys did hella dirt too. I've been through the system, everyone in jail awaiting trial is innocent and everyone in prison already sentenced is the hardest convict ever, that'll happily tell you all the gangster ass shit they're about to do when released. And I know the term custie cuz I'm been on the east coast right on the block gettin it. Few in the game do what I've done or seen what I've seen and I'll leave it there. But it really irritates me to see people do dirt or run hella dope thru the hood then bitch up and act like hos when they get busted and talk about the system and this and that. They weren't crying that shit on the streets putting in work. So while racist shit does happen, it's doesn't mean white privelage is real, cuz it isn't. And European history? I was taught American history in school. Which included Native American history, the civil war, the civil rights movement, black history and there was black history month. Tbh Mlk was one of my favorite people by 5th grade. Cuz we were taught so extensively about him. Idk where you went to school, Europe? Maybe you mean, American history is predominantly about European Americans? Which I disagree with you completely for the reasons I just mentioned but also because a majority of the country was and is of European descent. When it comes to world history there's A LOT to cover and it's only a basic class with not much depth and you're taught mostly about great Empires, Kingdoms and wars. And the reason there seems to be more focus on Europe and Empires like The Romans and Greeks is because you live in the western world where much of our government, politics, philosophies and math were given to us by them. You could argue other places came up with some of the west's ideas first but we received the knowledge from European sources. Pythagoras may have been taught a great by the Egyptians but he still brought the sacred knowledge to the west. Also, if you go to china or anywhere else their history will be mainly about China. All countries try to make themselves the center of the world, it's called nationalism. Not white privilege. Just look at the different globes of the world per country.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do. We, as Americans were hella close to coming together but the school system is biased and the colleges are even worse. They take smart people like you and fill your mind with so much pseudoscience and half truths that we become divided on such trivial issues we miss the big picture and all that we agree on. I would suggest a huge leap back from the liberal indoctrination you walked into.

Last edited by Way Lyve; 04-05-2017 at 11:12 AM.
Unread 04-05-2017, 01:12 AM   #22

Way Lyve
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.01/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.01/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.01/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.01/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.01/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.01/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.01/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.01/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.01/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.01/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
337 Won / 49 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 8.01/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.01/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.01/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.01/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.01/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.01/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
96 Won / 80 Lost

Voted: 892 audio / 229 text
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 11 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagga Lee View Post
However, it isn't exactly parallel with the type of harassment some people of color face all too often which don't require an extraordinary circumstance such as being a suspected custie in a drug neighborhood.
Why is not the same? And again you assume you're only pulled over for being black. Also, you forgot my other example.. White people are targeted by police when there's a white suspect. Or if the white person doesn't look like the other white people in the neighborhood. Both of which have happened to me numerous times. I've been pulled over cuz I fit the script lots of times. And I've lived in very wealthy neighborhoods that were a majority white and have been stopped cuz I didn't look like the other white people.

Quote:
You might be suspected of being a custie if you show up in a predominantly black community where hardly any other white folks live, but a black person would be suspected of criminality in way more scenarios than that. If you doubt that, then how would you explain blacks getting pulled at a higher frequency than whites?
There's many reasons black people get pulled over more than white people and I'm sure some are because of racism. But that doesn't prove that there's white privilege. It just proves some police are racist. And I highly doubt a black person is necessarily always pulled over just for being black. I know a few black kids in med school who've never had police interaction. Not once between them. Yet, they would say police target all black males too. I think there has to be some sort of fault in this thinking. These kids all have parents who are doctors and grew up in the whitest areas of town. Subsequently, one of their sisters hangs out in the hood and has been pulled over a few times. But she would agree with me. So, not all black people have the same experience or same perception of their experiences. They're not a mindless collective, they're individuals.

I was going to rebuttal the rest of what you said but it's kind of redundant. Basically, no matter how much white privelage is debunked you'll latch on to what you can. Regardless, you can't even make a point without adding that it's not always true or that there may be legitimate reasons and racism isn't always the cause. But what remains true is that poor people, people without connections and little resources are always treated differently than those with means. I've been pulled over a lot for being white just like my friends that were white. Cuz where we lived whitboys did hella dirt too. I've been through the system, everyone in jail awaiting trial is innocent and everyone in prison already sentenced is the hardest convict ever, that'll happily tell you all the gangster ass shit they're about to do when released. And I know the term custie cuz I'm been on the east coast right on the block gettin it. Few in the game do what I've done or seen what I've seen and I'll leave it there. But it really irritates me to see people do dirt or run hella dope thru the hood then bitch up and act like hos when they get busted and talk about the system and this and that. They weren't crying that shit on the streets putting in work. So while racist shit does happen, it's doesn't mean white privelage is real, cuz it isn't. And European history? I was taught American history in school. Which included Native American history, the civil war, the civil rights movement, black history and there was black history month. Tbh Mlk was one of my favorite people by 5th grade. Cuz we were taught so extensively about him. Idk where you went to school, Europe? Maybe you mean, American history is predominantly about European Americans? Which I disagree with you completely for the reasons I just mentioned but also because a majority of the country was and is of European descent. When it comes to world history there's A LOT to cover and it's only a basic class with not much depth and you're taught mostly about great Empires, Kingdoms and wars. And the reason there seems to be more focus on Europe and Empires like The Romans and Greeks is because you live in the western world where much of our government, politics, philosophies and math were given to us by them. You could argue other places came up with some of the west's ideas first but we received the knowledge from European sources. Pythagoras may have been taught a great by the Egyptians but he still brought the sacred knowledge to the west. Also, if you go to china or anywhere else their history will be mainly about China. All countries try to make themselves the center of the world, it's called nationalism. Not white privilege. Just look at the different globes of the world per country.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do. We, as Americans were hella close to coming together but the school system is biased and the colleges are even worse. They take smart people like you and fill your mind with so much pseudoscience and half truths that we become divided on such trivial issues we miss the big picture and all that we agree on. I would suggest a huge leap back from the liberal indoctrination you walked into.

Last edited by Way Lyve; 04-05-2017 at 11:12 AM.