View Single Post
Unread 10-18-2014, 10:33 AM
Hubert Cumberdale
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dono View Post
And for some reason give no weight to my success in topicals outside lb.

And no I'm not talking about the one controversial battle. I'm talking about legit wins.
None of the people you claim to have beat/got voted for by have any idea of who you are. I'm pretty sure every single one of them would agree with me that the ISTL died when it was moved to TextStars, and as a result like 90% no showed. (Bare in mind I actually ran the ISTL and was the match maker / mag writer. I believe I hit you and Erupt up several times to try and get you involved. There is NO reason for me to be biased about the situation because I WANTED you guys to prove yourselves over there).

It's basically like what I was saying to Erupt about his GC win. Sure, it's great to win it, but he didn't win it in 2009/2010/2011 for a reason, he wasn't good enough. I don't reckon you'd have walked away with the whole thing had it been on Netcees, although you could well have been a contender. You haven't have A LOT of success outside of LB though have you? Was the ISTL not the bulk of it? Had you been a bit more active in topicals a while ago, on RapIsAlive, Rapbattles, LyricalThreatz/BBE, LyricalBattleGroundz etc. then I'd be a lot quicker to give you the respect for it.

EDIT: Plus all in all, success isn't EVERYTHING. You know yourself, when you read a drop from Pent Up, BlackD, Richard Corey etc.'s greatest drops, half of them are on a completely other level.

Last edited by Hubert Cumberdale; 10-18-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Unread 10-18-2014, 10:33 AM   #17

Hubert Cumberdale

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dono View Post
And for some reason give no weight to my success in topicals outside lb.

And no I'm not talking about the one controversial battle. I'm talking about legit wins.
None of the people you claim to have beat/got voted for by have any idea of who you are. I'm pretty sure every single one of them would agree with me that the ISTL died when it was moved to TextStars, and as a result like 90% no showed. (Bare in mind I actually ran the ISTL and was the match maker / mag writer. I believe I hit you and Erupt up several times to try and get you involved. There is NO reason for me to be biased about the situation because I WANTED you guys to prove yourselves over there).

It's basically like what I was saying to Erupt about his GC win. Sure, it's great to win it, but he didn't win it in 2009/2010/2011 for a reason, he wasn't good enough. I don't reckon you'd have walked away with the whole thing had it been on Netcees, although you could well have been a contender. You haven't have A LOT of success outside of LB though have you? Was the ISTL not the bulk of it? Had you been a bit more active in topicals a while ago, on RapIsAlive, Rapbattles, LyricalThreatz/BBE, LyricalBattleGroundz etc. then I'd be a lot quicker to give you the respect for it.

EDIT: Plus all in all, success isn't EVERYTHING. You know yourself, when you read a drop from Pent Up, BlackD, Richard Corey etc.'s greatest drops, half of them are on a completely other level.

Last edited by Hubert Cumberdale; 10-18-2014 at 10:35 AM.