Edgeworth
Scheme Champion
Concept Champion
Rookie Champion
One Bar Champion
Tag Team Champion
Mentioned: 580 Post(s)
Tagged: 36 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
72 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Living Tribunal View Post
name flips are for sure dope. but it's not fair that for example edge accepts guts battle and throws some personals and name flips (which were hella funny btw) and guts just writes some random bars and throws em up.

you want see a live battle, where one dude is blindfolded and forced to just spit random bars at one in particular, and the other dude gets (however long, sometimes days) to think of personals and name flips.

and the whole idea of just not posting goes back to the problem i'm trying to address. nobody WILL post anything because they know'll they'll be at a massive disadvantage.

using another example of me and you, you DID post an open and i responded using name flips. which gave me an advantage. i still lost but it's not because i didn't have an advantage, it's because i'm not as good as you are at this point. i challenged myself and shot up. which most people wouldn't be willing to do. imagine how long your verse would have sat there if i didn't take it. look how long O_G's verses stayed up. (i had to take one myself just because i was sick of seeing them up there)

i get the issue with not wanting the voting to be blind, but for the things like (not wanting to read a shitty battle, or dig through shitty battles) there are other things like (somebody not getting the W just because of name value) basically this would eliminate specifically people with insane records that just aren't true. look at shodans record than look at bnas. it's fucking stupid. and only bans is going to do 4000 battles against noobs to get a record like that. this prevents that, which makes things more reputable in the end.
That’s the thing though, that would never happen in a live battle. You can’t compare it to that becsuse it’s completely different. Live matches the opponents are set before hand, there’s nothing that’s similar to someone who posts an open on LB. and that’s the point, opens are optional and by definition they carry all those risks mentioned previously. If you don’t want to be name flipped without your own chance to name flip back, the answer is to not post opens - not try to change what opens are.
Unread 01-27-2019, 12:02 PM   #22

Edgeworth
Scheme Champion
Concept Champion
Rookie Champion
One Bar Champion
Tag Team Champion
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
72 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 241 audio / 1193 text
Mentioned: 580 Post(s)
Tagged: 36 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Living Tribunal View Post
name flips are for sure dope. but it's not fair that for example edge accepts guts battle and throws some personals and name flips (which were hella funny btw) and guts just writes some random bars and throws em up.

you want see a live battle, where one dude is blindfolded and forced to just spit random bars at one in particular, and the other dude gets (however long, sometimes days) to think of personals and name flips.

and the whole idea of just not posting goes back to the problem i'm trying to address. nobody WILL post anything because they know'll they'll be at a massive disadvantage.

using another example of me and you, you DID post an open and i responded using name flips. which gave me an advantage. i still lost but it's not because i didn't have an advantage, it's because i'm not as good as you are at this point. i challenged myself and shot up. which most people wouldn't be willing to do. imagine how long your verse would have sat there if i didn't take it. look how long O_G's verses stayed up. (i had to take one myself just because i was sick of seeing them up there)

i get the issue with not wanting the voting to be blind, but for the things like (not wanting to read a shitty battle, or dig through shitty battles) there are other things like (somebody not getting the W just because of name value) basically this would eliminate specifically people with insane records that just aren't true. look at shodans record than look at bnas. it's fucking stupid. and only bans is going to do 4000 battles against noobs to get a record like that. this prevents that, which makes things more reputable in the end.
That’s the thing though, that would never happen in a live battle. You can’t compare it to that becsuse it’s completely different. Live matches the opponents are set before hand, there’s nothing that’s similar to someone who posts an open on LB. and that’s the point, opens are optional and by definition they carry all those risks mentioned previously. If you don’t want to be name flipped without your own chance to name flip back, the answer is to not post opens - not try to change what opens are.