Thread: Does this rhyme
View Single Post
Unread 08-23-2020, 07:14 PM
Celsius
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
"Original English" Pronunciation is something that is nonexistent in Northern America.

What i find funny is even now, at this stage, 13/14 years of LB and fuckers still saying "That doesn't rhyme when i read it"... as if i've not got the basics of writing down already lol.

Ya'll pronounce things completely differently than we do over here... so who's correct? Both lol. Ya gotta stop expecting folks to write how you pronounce words.

Whats more is that it isn't even a mad reach or stretch as the 'ULL' of both words were utilised in the scheme they were in.

All four of these rhyme together when i say them.

Pull, Full, Dull, Hull, Skull... All rhyme.

The words are usually written out how theyre pronounced right beside the definition, in most dictionaries. Though, bar aside, you didnt lose 92 percent of the vote due to one slant. I thought it threw off that particular punchline that is all
Unread 08-23-2020, 07:14 PM   #24

Celsius

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
"Original English" Pronunciation is something that is nonexistent in Northern America.

What i find funny is even now, at this stage, 13/14 years of LB and fuckers still saying "That doesn't rhyme when i read it"... as if i've not got the basics of writing down already lol.

Ya'll pronounce things completely differently than we do over here... so who's correct? Both lol. Ya gotta stop expecting folks to write how you pronounce words.

Whats more is that it isn't even a mad reach or stretch as the 'ULL' of both words were utilised in the scheme they were in.

All four of these rhyme together when i say them.

Pull, Full, Dull, Hull, Skull... All rhyme.

The words are usually written out how theyre pronounced right beside the definition, in most dictionaries. Though, bar aside, you didnt lose 92 percent of the vote due to one slant. I thought it threw off that particular punchline that is all