View Single Post
Unread 10-06-2014, 08:09 AM
Hubert Cumberdale
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Firstly, the updates to the site are great. I want to make that clear as fuck first. It kind of shows that it might have been slightly too late when they came, but none the less it's still a big step.

But as for online battling on the whole, it IS dying, and I'm not too sure how long Letsbeef.com will be able to properly remain the site it is. Members wise, we're still at an all time low. That's got nothing to do with all the work the guys are putting in now, it's just this sector is slowly dying off. On the other hand, Pugz is completely right. These little small time leagues are in a market which can see any of them blow up. Sites like LB are filled with guys who could potentially kill it in proper battles. Rap battling isn't this thing where if you're dope, you'll be at the top. People work their way up and LB has the connections and history with guys to make it happen. I could easily see Real Talk and Illimit getting in on LB cards. Hell, can you imagine if LB managed to get their history alone to have enough sway to put on Con Vs Charron? Would be insane for the site.

But as for LB's purpose, an online battling site, I believe this side will die off, maybe within the next two years. LB can survive if it's transformed into something completely different, which it currently is, but I think 99.9% of LB will be done outside of the site, and the site itself will never be the same again.
Unread 10-06-2014, 08:09 AM   #26

Hubert Cumberdale

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Firstly, the updates to the site are great. I want to make that clear as fuck first. It kind of shows that it might have been slightly too late when they came, but none the less it's still a big step.

But as for online battling on the whole, it IS dying, and I'm not too sure how long Letsbeef.com will be able to properly remain the site it is. Members wise, we're still at an all time low. That's got nothing to do with all the work the guys are putting in now, it's just this sector is slowly dying off. On the other hand, Pugz is completely right. These little small time leagues are in a market which can see any of them blow up. Sites like LB are filled with guys who could potentially kill it in proper battles. Rap battling isn't this thing where if you're dope, you'll be at the top. People work their way up and LB has the connections and history with guys to make it happen. I could easily see Real Talk and Illimit getting in on LB cards. Hell, can you imagine if LB managed to get their history alone to have enough sway to put on Con Vs Charron? Would be insane for the site.

But as for LB's purpose, an online battling site, I believe this side will die off, maybe within the next two years. LB can survive if it's transformed into something completely different, which it currently is, but I think 99.9% of LB will be done outside of the site, and the site itself will never be the same again.