View Single Post
Unread 07-10-2021, 04:55 PM
EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 16 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAbbot View Post
Here is an idea, Tinkering with the points system, this can increase virality and engagement,
the only way you can get points is by winning battles and voting.
If you have a system where you have another element of gaining points not just voting but also adding disputes, you might say what are disputes, that is what a moderator can decide. Lets say you go to a battle and sure there may be a battle with 6 votes, and more then likely 6 comments, it can be more to it then that, well if one person can get disputes in their comments, not between the battlers but between commenters, saying this is why I think he won, this is why I think he lost, this is why I think this bar is better then this bar, and so on and so forth It will make the engagement go up, that will make their votes go up, overall gaining them more points. So when you look at the battles it says Votes, Comments. I think there should also be a Disputes, added to there. The disputes can be added to the points system to where if a battle has 7 votes 24 comments and 3 disputes, the battler who wins can get more points then if the battle had 0 disputes. This can also add to a battlers notoriety, and might change the way the site views battles. If they have 6 battles with 70 disputes, there points should be sky high so that they are the top of the ranking list, even higher than battlers with 40 or 50 battles. this will make more and more people want to battle them also increasing engagement. If a person has 3 battles 0 losses and 300 disputes on battles, this will make that person a top battler. It means the way they structure their bars is more entertaining and brings out a bigger audience or crowd, generating more of a buzz and noise, if you see a battle with a ton of disputes you are probably going to want to check it out and add your input. Another idea I think is less exciting but is still worth mentioning, recording those stats for display on profile and forum post, so it would say disputes on battles: underneath the join date. you should also be able to hide that if you want too.
GregAbbot
Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@mcg#3451
Unread 07-10-2021, 04:55 PM   #65

EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Voted: 5 audio / 65 text
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 16 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAbbot View Post
Here is an idea, Tinkering with the points system, this can increase virality and engagement,
the only way you can get points is by winning battles and voting.
If you have a system where you have another element of gaining points not just voting but also adding disputes, you might say what are disputes, that is what a moderator can decide. Lets say you go to a battle and sure there may be a battle with 6 votes, and more then likely 6 comments, it can be more to it then that, well if one person can get disputes in their comments, not between the battlers but between commenters, saying this is why I think he won, this is why I think he lost, this is why I think this bar is better then this bar, and so on and so forth It will make the engagement go up, that will make their votes go up, overall gaining them more points. So when you look at the battles it says Votes, Comments. I think there should also be a Disputes, added to there. The disputes can be added to the points system to where if a battle has 7 votes 24 comments and 3 disputes, the battler who wins can get more points then if the battle had 0 disputes. This can also add to a battlers notoriety, and might change the way the site views battles. If they have 6 battles with 70 disputes, there points should be sky high so that they are the top of the ranking list, even higher than battlers with 40 or 50 battles. this will make more and more people want to battle them also increasing engagement. If a person has 3 battles 0 losses and 300 disputes on battles, this will make that person a top battler. It means the way they structure their bars is more entertaining and brings out a bigger audience or crowd, generating more of a buzz and noise, if you see a battle with a ton of disputes you are probably going to want to check it out and add your input. Another idea I think is less exciting but is still worth mentioning, recording those stats for display on profile and forum post, so it would say disputes on battles: underneath the join date. you should also be able to hide that if you want too.
GregAbbot
Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@mcg#3451