Thread: Mods and voting
View Single Post
Unread 10-25-2017, 06:12 PM
Dirty Work
Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.35/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
76 Won / 36 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Dubai View Post

Shit like that just lets us know that there’s not much we can do to bring LB unless we got daily active builders/coders/admin faces.
Firstly, this^^

I agree with Esso in a way, but I find it odd that people think a mod's primary responsibility should be voting. Also, I'm not sure why a mod has to be an active battler. Voting and battling are what everyone on the site does. Should the most active members just be made mod? I don't think that makes much sense.
Mod material is somebody who is level-headed, intelligent, and fair. It's somebody who knows the site and its culture well and who can help people out with explanations and by making proper decisions when it comes to intervention. It's somebody who doesn't catch feelings. It's somebody trustworthy.
I've been guilty of very rarely voting for a while now, and I haven't battled in over a year. I've been meaning to get better with that. But hey, if you ask around, I'm willing to bet most members find me helpful and fair, and quick to handle requests when I'm online. I think most of the mods fit that description, hell, all of them really. Illo has basically ghosted, I'll give you that lol. I always figured what's the harm in keeping him around since he did so much in the past, but yeah...
Doing things like running tourneys is another thing mods should definitely be doing in my opinion, and I've also failed at that. That's why I'm trying to get something going in Tinychat to maybe spark some activity and bring back an old favorite that people like Noble and Rant used to host.
Unread 10-25-2017, 06:12 PM   #10

Dirty Work
Estimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.35/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
76 Won / 36 Lost

Voted: 17 audio / 386 text
Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Dubai View Post

Shit like that just lets us know that there’s not much we can do to bring LB unless we got daily active builders/coders/admin faces.
Firstly, this^^

I agree with Esso in a way, but I find it odd that people think a mod's primary responsibility should be voting. Also, I'm not sure why a mod has to be an active battler. Voting and battling are what everyone on the site does. Should the most active members just be made mod? I don't think that makes much sense.
Mod material is somebody who is level-headed, intelligent, and fair. It's somebody who knows the site and its culture well and who can help people out with explanations and by making proper decisions when it comes to intervention. It's somebody who doesn't catch feelings. It's somebody trustworthy.
I've been guilty of very rarely voting for a while now, and I haven't battled in over a year. I've been meaning to get better with that. But hey, if you ask around, I'm willing to bet most members find me helpful and fair, and quick to handle requests when I'm online. I think most of the mods fit that description, hell, all of them really. Illo has basically ghosted, I'll give you that lol. I always figured what's the harm in keeping him around since he did so much in the past, but yeah...
Doing things like running tourneys is another thing mods should definitely be doing in my opinion, and I've also failed at that. That's why I'm trying to get something going in Tinychat to maybe spark some activity and bring back an old favorite that people like Noble and Rant used to host.