View Single Post
Unread 05-11-2017, 07:04 PM
Mindless Mindless is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Hall Of Fame Staff
HEBREW BANHAMMER
Mentioned: 713 Post(s)
Tagged: 56 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
3 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.84/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
34 Won / 6 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

[quote=Row;1126017]this wont do shit. people will just battle less, or vote half assed. i think like 2 years ago, people will join the site with little to no credits, be like "oh i need to vote to battle" .. they vote shitty most of the time, drop one battle, see they need more credits again, and call it quits. look up how much accounts there are that were only active for a day or two.. tonnes.[quote]

I don't think having to vote to get credits to battle is the only reason people don't stay very long. Some people don't figure out the battle system, so just can't be bothered, some lose and then immediately decide that the voters are biased and fuck off and a myriad of other reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Row View Post
& with the second option, monthly resets, it will just create more of those people who battle/vote for a small time, then ghost, because no one will be thrilled or bothered to put in work in voting if what they are getting out of it just vanishes periodically. battles will be rushed = less quality.
Or, they'll vote just enough to be able to put their battles out. Which could also be an issue, but, at least they would have to vote to put their battles out instead of sitting on a hoard of credits.

Quote:
*sniffs* this seems like a cheap way to get moderators/admins to put in less work in voting on battles. voting wouldnt even be that of an issue if every mod put in the same amount of work in voting, whether they battle or not. lead by example.
The idea is to get more people voting. I agree that mods should vote but it shouldn't just be on mods to make sure there are enough votes to close a battle. The entire point of having a credit system is to make users vote on battles so that battles have enough points to close. If mods are the only ones that are going to vote then why even have a credits you have to spend to battle and post cyphers?

Another issue is mod comments on battles which is something else I'm starting to complain about. We should have the option to have our comments sit with the rest of the battle comments unless we're doing something that requires everyone to see it. It's hard to leave good, descriptive comments w/o swaying when your comment is going to be the only one people can see before they vote on the battle.

Quote:
yea sure, people have a lot of credits, but not intentionally, there just isnt anything else to do with them, other than battling. think resetting credits will get people to jump and vote/battle sporadically? reason for lack of voting isnt because people have a lot of credits and dont need more via voting.

Credits need to have more of a purpose other than starting battles, that way people can use their earned credits and have them constantly deplete like money in their wallet. make it like vc in 2K

2 cents @X @Pugz
It costs credits to battle and post cyphers. Neither section is bursting with activity at the moment. I agree with there needing to be more uses for credits and this has been discussed at length not just here in the boards but also in private with the owner of the site. Implementing new code and features for something that large isn't something that can be easily implemented in any kind of short time frame. I'm spitballing stop gap measures here.
Unread 05-11-2017, 07:04 PM   #14

Mindless Mindless is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Hall Of Fame Staff
HEBREW BANHAMMER
Estimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
3 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.84/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
34 Won / 6 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 95 audio / 718 text
Mentioned: 713 Post(s)
Tagged: 56 Thread(s)

[quote=Row;1126017]this wont do shit. people will just battle less, or vote half assed. i think like 2 years ago, people will join the site with little to no credits, be like "oh i need to vote to battle" .. they vote shitty most of the time, drop one battle, see they need more credits again, and call it quits. look up how much accounts there are that were only active for a day or two.. tonnes.[quote]

I don't think having to vote to get credits to battle is the only reason people don't stay very long. Some people don't figure out the battle system, so just can't be bothered, some lose and then immediately decide that the voters are biased and fuck off and a myriad of other reasons.

Quote:
& with the second option, monthly resets, it will just create more of those people who battle/vote for a small time, then ghost, because no one will be thrilled or bothered to put in work in voting if what they are getting out of it just vanishes periodically. battles will be rushed = less quality.
Or, they'll vote just enough to be able to put their battles out. Which could also be an issue, but, at least they would have to vote to put their battles out instead of sitting on a hoard of credits.

Quote:
*sniffs* this seems like a cheap way to get moderators/admins to put in less work in voting on battles. voting wouldnt even be that of an issue if every mod put in the same amount of work in voting, whether they battle or not. lead by example.
The idea is to get more people voting. I agree that mods should vote but it shouldn't just be on mods to make sure there are enough votes to close a battle. The entire point of having a credit system is to make users vote on battles so that battles have enough points to close. If mods are the only ones that are going to vote then why even have a credits you have to spend to battle and post cyphers?

Another issue is mod comments on battles which is something else I'm starting to complain about. We should have the option to have our comments sit with the rest of the battle comments unless we're doing something that requires everyone to see it. It's hard to leave good, descriptive comments w/o swaying when your comment is going to be the only one people can see before they vote on the battle.

Quote:
yea sure, people have a lot of credits, but not intentionally, there just isnt anything else to do with them, other than battling. think resetting credits will get people to jump and vote/battle sporadically? reason for lack of voting isnt because people have a lot of credits and dont need more via voting.

Credits need to have more of a purpose other than starting battles, that way people can use their earned credits and have them constantly deplete like money in their wallet. make it like vc in 2K

2 cents @X @Pugz
It costs credits to battle and post cyphers. Neither section is bursting with activity at the moment. I agree with there needing to be more uses for credits and this has been discussed at length not just here in the boards but also in private with the owner of the site. Implementing new code and features for something that large isn't something that can be easily implemented in any kind of short time frame. I'm spitballing stop gap measures here.
Offline   Reply With Quote