View Single Post
Unread 04-10-2021, 03:23 PM
Squammy Squammy is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!Squammy is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.94/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
64 Won / 4 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin View Post
Aye, there's a process to attaining the LBT and not to continue it in its normal manner would undermine those who have battled for it before in the LBT's structure and in fact @Edgeworth LBT is a double champ win in a sense as the Heavyweight Championship & the LBT Championship were both on the line in a unification title bout between the two champions in each at the time: @Edgeworth HWC and @Kiwi Peewee LBT. So with the manner in it was won/unified, it certainly won't be 'up for grabs' due to no shows, no matter how spicy it may make the third round.
It wasn’t really about no shows so much as I was due to battle Edge this month anyway, as I had a number one contender’s clash vs GodLike lined up, I beat him outside of that, and then he got banned, so I assumed I’d be getting that soon, especially as the replacement for the contender’s match ducked out. Only difference is I’d battle Edge in the tournament rather than as a second separate clash, and then we’d double down by defending it again in the final.

But crossed wires, I coulda sworn it was a “LBT champion decides his defences” situation, like Edge is saying happened with Rule or whatever. Think someone said to me it worked a bit like Boxing belts like that. But if that’s not how it is then I totally respect it Odin and Edge, and I’m happy to see it go through due process, I always like when things on this site get more high stakes and competitive.
Unread 04-10-2021, 03:23 PM   #9

Squammy Squammy is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!Squammy is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.94/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
64 Won / 4 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 7 audio / 102 text
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin View Post
Aye, there's a process to attaining the LBT and not to continue it in its normal manner would undermine those who have battled for it before in the LBT's structure and in fact @Edgeworth LBT is a double champ win in a sense as the Heavyweight Championship & the LBT Championship were both on the line in a unification title bout between the two champions in each at the time: @Edgeworth HWC and @Kiwi Peewee LBT. So with the manner in it was won/unified, it certainly won't be 'up for grabs' due to no shows, no matter how spicy it may make the third round.
It wasn’t really about no shows so much as I was due to battle Edge this month anyway, as I had a number one contender’s clash vs GodLike lined up, I beat him outside of that, and then he got banned, so I assumed I’d be getting that soon, especially as the replacement for the contender’s match ducked out. Only difference is I’d battle Edge in the tournament rather than as a second separate clash, and then we’d double down by defending it again in the final.

But crossed wires, I coulda sworn it was a “LBT champion decides his defences” situation, like Edge is saying happened with Rule or whatever. Think someone said to me it worked a bit like Boxing belts like that. But if that’s not how it is then I totally respect it Odin and Edge, and I’m happy to see it go through due process, I always like when things on this site get more high stakes and competitive.