View Single Post
Unread 12-06-2020, 07:57 PM
Kiwi Peewee
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 22 Thread(s)
8 1589
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost
Default Text Tag Team Championship #12 SIGN-UPS

LetsBeef.com proudly presents
Text Tag Team Tournament Twelve
that's a lot of Ts

Looking for sign-ups for the Tag Team tourney this month. At this stage the date it starts and the moderator hosting it aren't 100% confirmed, but ideally we'll be starting as soon as possible. All verses will be 16 lines, I can't think of any other details that need specifying but please ask if anything comes to mind. We're looking for a minimum of 8 teams but ideally 16.

What is a Tag Team Tourney?
For those of you that haven't done one of these before, a tag team tournament has teams of two emcees working together to create your verse each round. It's up to you how this works – you might each write 8 lines as the first and second halves of the verse, or you might work together crafting each bar, or you might go back and forth with a line each in a conversational style. Generally people write their verses together through Discord or Google Docs or something similar. One thing to bear in mind is that tag battles generally focus on being very personally targeted against your opponents, and if you can make your verse very distinctively the product of two people working together as a team, not just a generic 16 line verse that could have come from anyone, you should do well. The battles don't really have any other special rules – just diss your opponents (and rhyme while doing it).

How do sign-ups work?
If you already have a partner you want to tag with, you need to both confirm your entry in this thread (or IM me or something) and I will enter you as a team. If you don't have a partner, you can say you want to enter in here and then either pair yourself up with someone else looking for a partner, or I'll try to find someone for you. Within the tag team there will be one person whose account is entered in the tourney bracket; this person will be responsible for posting all verses and expos; if you have a preference for which person is posting please specify in the signups otherwise I'll just pick at random.

Sign-ups: (poster + team-mate)
1. @40killa + @Brickrepper
2. @Shodan + @Kiwi Peewee
3. @Edgeworth + @Locchart
4. @LadyKarma + @Grave Digga
5. @The Saaxxx Baba + @J Gygax
6. @B U R D E N S + @JAGNEW
7. @Dartz + @Dizz Da Dogg
8. @GodTheReptilian + @Letum

Last edited by Kiwi Peewee; 12-11-2020 at 08:39 PM.
Unread 12-06-2020, 07:57 PM   #1

Kiwi Peewee
8 1589
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Voted: 49 audio / 843 text
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 22 Thread(s)

Default Text Tag Team Championship #12 SIGN-UPS

LetsBeef.com proudly presents
Text Tag Team Tournament Twelve
that's a lot of Ts

Looking for sign-ups for the Tag Team tourney this month. At this stage the date it starts and the moderator hosting it aren't 100% confirmed, but ideally we'll be starting as soon as possible. All verses will be 16 lines, I can't think of any other details that need specifying but please ask if anything comes to mind. We're looking for a minimum of 8 teams but ideally 16.

What is a Tag Team Tourney?
For those of you that haven't done one of these before, a tag team tournament has teams of two emcees working together to create your verse each round. It's up to you how this works – you might each write 8 lines as the first and second halves of the verse, or you might work together crafting each bar, or you might go back and forth with a line each in a conversational style. Generally people write their verses together through Discord or Google Docs or something similar. One thing to bear in mind is that tag battles generally focus on being very personally targeted against your opponents, and if you can make your verse very distinctively the product of two people working together as a team, not just a generic 16 line verse that could have come from anyone, you should do well. The battles don't really have any other special rules – just diss your opponents (and rhyme while doing it).

How do sign-ups work?
If you already have a partner you want to tag with, you need to both confirm your entry in this thread (or IM me or something) and I will enter you as a team. If you don't have a partner, you can say you want to enter in here and then either pair yourself up with someone else looking for a partner, or I'll try to find someone for you. Within the tag team there will be one person whose account is entered in the tourney bracket; this person will be responsible for posting all verses and expos; if you have a preference for which person is posting please specify in the signups otherwise I'll just pick at random.

Sign-ups: (poster + team-mate)
1. @40killa + @Brickrepper
2. @Shodan + @Kiwi Peewee
3. @Edgeworth + @Locchart
4. @LadyKarma + @Grave Digga
5. @The Saaxxx Baba + @J Gygax
6. @B U R D E N S + @JAGNEW
7. @Dartz + @Dizz Da Dogg
8. @GodTheReptilian + @Letum

Last edited by Kiwi Peewee; 12-11-2020 at 08:39 PM.