Thread: "Us"
View Single Post
Unread 08-25-2014, 10:32 AM
Babylon Babylon is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 1428 Post(s)
Tagged: 40 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
63 Won / 15 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGuy View Post
You're the guy that believes Alex Jones is a genius, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENSON THA GREAT View Post
GOD EXISTS....SORRY FELLAZ...SORRY FOR UR SOULS

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

THE DEVIL COULDNT OF WROTE THAT UP MORE PERFECT. GOOD JOB
Should I even dignify this with a response, or?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey View Post
Something created us, something created the universe. Is it God, maybe. But something can't spawn from nothing.
Exactly what Dash said, if something cannot spawn from nothing then why is God exempt from that? And if he is actually exempt from that, that means that things CAN indeed be exempt from this rule that something can't spawn from nothing. And if that rule has exemptions, it's no longer valid. We simpy don't know enough about the universe yet to understand where we come from, but simply saying "We HAD to have been created" isn't logical at all. No one knows, so assuming something based upon no logical thought processes is pointless.

Quote:
A big reason for me to believe in creation is purpose, everything has one.
Even if this was the case, which although nothing provides any shred of evidence towards, who's to say that that then proves the existence of creation? Simply having a purpose doesn't mean a God created us. According to that premise our purpose could indeed just be to reproduce and die. My original post says everything needed about this. Our brains create an illusion of self which in turn creates a need for "purpose" when I sincerely doubt you can provide any sort of proof as to how we humans have an inherent purpose in life other than to reproduce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupErb View Post
The meaning of life is for each individual being or living thing to play it's own unique roll on this earth. Although humans are now deluded by the notion that we all have to 'work' in order to survive and although most of us do pay for the necessary things we need in order to survive (food, clothing, shelter etc), despite the exchange of our hard earned money for said necessities, we are still basically given everything to us, when the real purpose we have here is to farm those things ourselves thus bringing a deep inner happiness and real sense of achievement.
Why be so arrogant as to say that we have a unique role on earth just from being born? I've never understood this premise that we are all special little snowflakes with destiny and missions in life. I understand it's cool to think that, but why would we? We are animals. You don't look at a snake or a gnat and say the same things you would about a humans purpose or destiny. That's, once again, because we've created this illusion of "self".
Unread 08-25-2014, 10:32 AM   #20

Babylon Babylon is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
63 Won / 15 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 289 audio / 238 text
Mentioned: 1428 Post(s)
Tagged: 40 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGuy View Post
You're the guy that believes Alex Jones is a genius, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENSON THA GREAT View Post
GOD EXISTS....SORRY FELLAZ...SORRY FOR UR SOULS

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

THE DEVIL COULDNT OF WROTE THAT UP MORE PERFECT. GOOD JOB
Should I even dignify this with a response, or?

Quote:
Something created us, something created the universe. Is it God, maybe. But something can't spawn from nothing.
Exactly what Dash said, if something cannot spawn from nothing then why is God exempt from that? And if he is actually exempt from that, that means that things CAN indeed be exempt from this rule that something can't spawn from nothing. And if that rule has exemptions, it's no longer valid. We simpy don't know enough about the universe yet to understand where we come from, but simply saying "We HAD to have been created" isn't logical at all. No one knows, so assuming something based upon no logical thought processes is pointless.

Quote:
A big reason for me to believe in creation is purpose, everything has one.
Even if this was the case, which although nothing provides any shred of evidence towards, who's to say that that then proves the existence of creation? Simply having a purpose doesn't mean a God created us. According to that premise our purpose could indeed just be to reproduce and die. My original post says everything needed about this. Our brains create an illusion of self which in turn creates a need for "purpose" when I sincerely doubt you can provide any sort of proof as to how we humans have an inherent purpose in life other than to reproduce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupErb View Post
The meaning of life is for each individual being or living thing to play it's own unique roll on this earth. Although humans are now deluded by the notion that we all have to 'work' in order to survive and although most of us do pay for the necessary things we need in order to survive (food, clothing, shelter etc), despite the exchange of our hard earned money for said necessities, we are still basically given everything to us, when the real purpose we have here is to farm those things ourselves thus bringing a deep inner happiness and real sense of achievement.
Why be so arrogant as to say that we have a unique role on earth just from being born? I've never understood this premise that we are all special little snowflakes with destiny and missions in life. I understand it's cool to think that, but why would we? We are animals. You don't look at a snake or a gnat and say the same things you would about a humans purpose or destiny. That's, once again, because we've created this illusion of "self".