View Single Post
Unread 08-24-2014, 11:23 PM
Lockhart
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Dash View Post
Then where did God come from?...

You could say God created himself because that is the nature of God, but you could get around that conclusion if you presume that the universe (or multiverse, if we happen to live inside a black hole, as has been seriously proposed) has always been here and therefore has this property as well. Indeed, one could say that reality IS God - which makes even more sense if we happen to live inside a simulation or nested simulations, though you'd still have to wonder how the simulation-creator(s) got here. Nothing created it because it (or, at the very least, something) has always existed. This may seem like too much to swallow, but it's the closest thing to sensible I can think of.

Personally, I gave up trying to explain it a long time ago. Pretty much everything you can say about it is self-contradictory or nonsensical, so why bother? I just accept that it's here and don't accept explanations which don't make sense.
This reminds me of the S3 Plan from MGS2 for some reason.
Unread 08-24-2014, 11:23 PM   #12

Lockhart

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Dash View Post
Then where did God come from?...

You could say God created himself because that is the nature of God, but you could get around that conclusion if you presume that the universe (or multiverse, if we happen to live inside a black hole, as has been seriously proposed) has always been here and therefore has this property as well. Indeed, one could say that reality IS God - which makes even more sense if we happen to live inside a simulation or nested simulations, though you'd still have to wonder how the simulation-creator(s) got here. Nothing created it because it (or, at the very least, something) has always existed. This may seem like too much to swallow, but it's the closest thing to sensible I can think of.

Personally, I gave up trying to explain it a long time ago. Pretty much everything you can say about it is self-contradictory or nonsensical, so why bother? I just accept that it's here and don't accept explanations which don't make sense.
This reminds me of the S3 Plan from MGS2 for some reason.