View Single Post
Unread 03-28-2020, 04:13 PM
NOBLE
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllllllllll View Post
This. I'll start doing this. Itll be a long progress getting them to stay but it's a start.

We need something better than just a welcome PM though. Most members that sign up skip it. Because that's what I do when I sign up somewhere haha

Just sucks that most of the time, you'll probably be speaking to someone's multi
You're right that a welcome PM won't be enough. We've had that for a while and it hasn't seemed to make that much of a difference. On top of that, the welcome PM is probably coming from @System, who is a robot mod and couldn't respond if the newcomers replied with questions.

I had installed a module whereby a forum thread is made automatically every time a new member signs up. I'm pretty sure that's still in place but was disabled because people complained about it flooding the forums. We also had a referral program at one point too where people were rewarded for doing what you're suggesting, getting new members to sign up.

To be honest with you, I don't think the most effective way of increasing membership is to get new people to sign up. New people sign up on their own every day. The most effective thing we can focus on is getting the new people who sign up to stay.
When I first joined the site, almost immediately, I was invited to a crew called Freedom of Speech which was a crew full of newbies. It made me feel like I belong right away and we beefed with other newbie crews. We need similar crews that will engage newcomers right away. I'm not talking about an elevation crew. An elevation crew targets people who are already posting battles but who show potential and tries to elevate them. I'm talking about crews that target people who are totally new without knowing whether they will have skills or not. The most binding thing about LetsBeef is the sense of community. It's the reason why we have to people who have been here for over a decade and keep coming back even though they might not necessarily even rap anymore. And the first introduction to that sense of community is usually the crew.

Last edited by NOBLE; 03-28-2020 at 04:18 PM.
Unread 03-28-2020, 04:13 PM   #48

NOBLE
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 407 audio / 1061 text
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllllllllll View Post
This. I'll start doing this. Itll be a long progress getting them to stay but it's a start.

We need something better than just a welcome PM though. Most members that sign up skip it. Because that's what I do when I sign up somewhere haha

Just sucks that most of the time, you'll probably be speaking to someone's multi
You're right that a welcome PM won't be enough. We've had that for a while and it hasn't seemed to make that much of a difference. On top of that, the welcome PM is probably coming from @System, who is a robot mod and couldn't respond if the newcomers replied with questions.

I had installed a module whereby a forum thread is made automatically every time a new member signs up. I'm pretty sure that's still in place but was disabled because people complained about it flooding the forums. We also had a referral program at one point too where people were rewarded for doing what you're suggesting, getting new members to sign up.

To be honest with you, I don't think the most effective way of increasing membership is to get new people to sign up. New people sign up on their own every day. The most effective thing we can focus on is getting the new people who sign up to stay.
When I first joined the site, almost immediately, I was invited to a crew called Freedom of Speech which was a crew full of newbies. It made me feel like I belong right away and we beefed with other newbie crews. We need similar crews that will engage newcomers right away. I'm not talking about an elevation crew. An elevation crew targets people who are already posting battles but who show potential and tries to elevate them. I'm talking about crews that target people who are totally new without knowing whether they will have skills or not. The most binding thing about LetsBeef is the sense of community. It's the reason why we have to people who have been here for over a decade and keep coming back even though they might not necessarily even rap anymore. And the first introduction to that sense of community is usually the crew.

Last edited by NOBLE; 03-28-2020 at 04:18 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote