View Single Post
Unread 04-03-2017, 08:48 PM
NOBLE
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celsius View Post
Idk, I think it might be the opposite. For example, Say Slim jesus was black, I doubt he'd get clowned or recieve as much hate as he did, especially standing there flaunting straps with a group of black people.it'd prolly just be known as another dope song up there with Hot N**ga. The come.up is for sure getting easier white folks though...just like in football when it was all white..now look at who the majority of the players are.
I agree with you about Slim Jesus...that he may have been taken more seriously if he was black making the same music. I think this is where the concept of intersectionality comes in-that a person can be privileged in some ways but not in others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shae Schnerch View Post
So, you don't want to give an opinion? Huh?

Anyways, "privilege" is specific to a person and their situation. One white person's opportunities may be entirely different from another white person's. Or any race or situation.

It's an easier topic to "rebuttal" cause you need to gauge the crazy. Someone may choose to go down the police shootings / prison percentages sort of route, which has a bit more meat and some longer rooting discussions. Some might go down the MTV Encoded route and be insulted that employers are less likely to employ someone with a "black name" like Shaneequa or Sharkisha. All of it can be rebuttaled because they are at best sweeping generalisations, but some are more insane than others in the belief. For example Francesca Ramsey and Philogynoir are examples of batshit crazy racists.
According to Google:
priv·i·lege
ˈpriv(ə)lij/Submit
noun
a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group of people.
"education is a right, not a privilege"
synonyms: advantage, benefit;
Do you mind explaining why you say privilege only applies to a person? So many simple things are considered to be "white privilege," that someone trying to argue it wouldn't need to go down the route of police shootings or incarceration rates. The simple fact that no matter what race you are, when you go to school, you will learn mostly about white history and white accomplishments...or the fact that if you get pulled over, you can be sure that it's not because of your race...simple things like that are considered manifestations of white privilege.
Unread 04-03-2017, 08:48 PM   #12

NOBLE
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 407 audio / 1061 text
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celsius View Post
Idk, I think it might be the opposite. For example, Say Slim jesus was black, I doubt he'd get clowned or recieve as much hate as he did, especially standing there flaunting straps with a group of black people.it'd prolly just be known as another dope song up there with Hot N**ga. The come.up is for sure getting easier white folks though...just like in football when it was all white..now look at who the majority of the players are.
I agree with you about Slim Jesus...that he may have been taken more seriously if he was black making the same music. I think this is where the concept of intersectionality comes in-that a person can be privileged in some ways but not in others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shae Schnerch View Post
So, you don't want to give an opinion? Huh?

Anyways, "privilege" is specific to a person and their situation. One white person's opportunities may be entirely different from another white person's. Or any race or situation.

It's an easier topic to "rebuttal" cause you need to gauge the crazy. Someone may choose to go down the police shootings / prison percentages sort of route, which has a bit more meat and some longer rooting discussions. Some might go down the MTV Encoded route and be insulted that employers are less likely to employ someone with a "black name" like Shaneequa or Sharkisha. All of it can be rebuttaled because they are at best sweeping generalisations, but some are more insane than others in the belief. For example Francesca Ramsey and Philogynoir are examples of batshit crazy racists.
According to Google:
priv·i·lege
ˈpriv(ə)lij/Submit
noun
a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group of people.
"education is a right, not a privilege"
synonyms: advantage, benefit;
Do you mind explaining why you say privilege only applies to a person? So many simple things are considered to be "white privilege," that someone trying to argue it wouldn't need to go down the route of police shootings or incarceration rates. The simple fact that no matter what race you are, when you go to school, you will learn mostly about white history and white accomplishments...or the fact that if you get pulled over, you can be sure that it's not because of your race...simple things like that are considered manifestations of white privilege.