View Single Post
Unread 08-25-2017, 05:07 AM
JFE
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

I'd say Cavs won it. The general consensus is that LeBron is leaving after this year, and Isaiah probably won't re-sign, which gives them one final push to get another ring. Since Kyrie wouldn't be able to lead them to a championship, this final LeBron-led year makes sense, while also getting additional depth in Jae Crowder to allow LeBron to rest more. And once the Cavs go into rebuild mode next year, they'll have one of the top picks in the draft to build around.

This wasn't a bad trade for the Celtics, either-they finally moved some assets, and the addition of Kyrie makes the Celtics East contenders for this year and at least the next 3 years. This pretty much guarantees they'll make a Finals or two unless the balance of power shifts more towards the East...

This was actually a really good trade for both teams, my only concern for the Celtics is the 1st-rounder they gave up and their continual lack of rim protection/rebounding
Unread 08-25-2017, 05:07 AM   #7

JFE

Voted: 19 audio / 172 text
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

I'd say Cavs won it. The general consensus is that LeBron is leaving after this year, and Isaiah probably won't re-sign, which gives them one final push to get another ring. Since Kyrie wouldn't be able to lead them to a championship, this final LeBron-led year makes sense, while also getting additional depth in Jae Crowder to allow LeBron to rest more. And once the Cavs go into rebuild mode next year, they'll have one of the top picks in the draft to build around.

This wasn't a bad trade for the Celtics, either-they finally moved some assets, and the addition of Kyrie makes the Celtics East contenders for this year and at least the next 3 years. This pretty much guarantees they'll make a Finals or two unless the balance of power shifts more towards the East...

This was actually a really good trade for both teams, my only concern for the Celtics is the 1st-rounder they gave up and their continual lack of rim protection/rebounding