Thread: SHODAN
View Single Post
Unread 05-07-2019, 09:44 PM
Saii
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I believe it's fair to get his side of things, and to offer us insight on how he breaks down verses.

I can't lie, Shodan's explanations at times can be a bit critical. I've been here a while and I can't recall ever seeing him rate anyone higher than a 6. Also, a good majority of his votes are spent saying what was wrong with what he saw (I believe a well-explained vote sheds light on improvements needed as well as praise for good/decent work).

When people send me bars to critique or judge, I have to tell them over and over to make sure the wording is perfect because some voters will discredit your whole bar or verse because of one word being off. Even if the punchline is dope conceptually, if it's not worded perfectly then they won't give you credit. I was talking about Shodan lol although it makes you write better and more precise, it's still a sucky truth that you really could write a dope bar and because of one word or term not fitting like he thinks it should, it might destroy your whole verse's chances of standing up to your opponent's.

So, all in all I think his critical fashion of voting helps you write better, but I also understand the frustration behind the way his votes come off to people. There are lot of people who feel this way about Sho.
Unread 05-07-2019, 09:44 PM   #2

Saii

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I believe it's fair to get his side of things, and to offer us insight on how he breaks down verses.

I can't lie, Shodan's explanations at times can be a bit critical. I've been here a while and I can't recall ever seeing him rate anyone higher than a 6. Also, a good majority of his votes are spent saying what was wrong with what he saw (I believe a well-explained vote sheds light on improvements needed as well as praise for good/decent work).

When people send me bars to critique or judge, I have to tell them over and over to make sure the wording is perfect because some voters will discredit your whole bar or verse because of one word being off. Even if the punchline is dope conceptually, if it's not worded perfectly then they won't give you credit. I was talking about Shodan lol although it makes you write better and more precise, it's still a sucky truth that you really could write a dope bar and because of one word or term not fitting like he thinks it should, it might destroy your whole verse's chances of standing up to your opponent's.

So, all in all I think his critical fashion of voting helps you write better, but I also understand the frustration behind the way his votes come off to people. There are lot of people who feel this way about Sho.