View Single Post
Unread 02-26-2019, 09:57 PM
Enfinite
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rieper View Post
Bobby's overrated in the sense that he never really accomplished much to get in to the HoF. He has a very distinct style which is kinda what got him in because it was never about title wins or anything of the sort with him. Battled him way back in 2014 when I was nowhere near as consistent as I am now and I beat him 82-18. He does have entertaining verses in their own right, but does he deserve to be in the Hall of Fame? Imo, no. So for that, he's overrated.

Next: reEFer.
Reef is tough for me, hes like, imo, a mini Erupt in terms of status. Whereas I believe Rupt is correctly rated and deserving of HoF, Reef might be slightly overrated to me. I see his talent, but some of his writing has always been hit or miss for me. And his shady beginnings with taking verses off of goldmic way back when. But, despite all that he was a heavy hitter back in the day, so I won't devalue any of his achievements, hes just not as high up for me as for others, but to each his own.

Next Up: Verity/IV
Unread 02-26-2019, 09:57 PM   #219

Enfinite

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rieper View Post
Bobby's overrated in the sense that he never really accomplished much to get in to the HoF. He has a very distinct style which is kinda what got him in because it was never about title wins or anything of the sort with him. Battled him way back in 2014 when I was nowhere near as consistent as I am now and I beat him 82-18. He does have entertaining verses in their own right, but does he deserve to be in the Hall of Fame? Imo, no. So for that, he's overrated.

Next: reEFer.
Reef is tough for me, hes like, imo, a mini Erupt in terms of status. Whereas I believe Rupt is correctly rated and deserving of HoF, Reef might be slightly overrated to me. I see his talent, but some of his writing has always been hit or miss for me. And his shady beginnings with taking verses off of goldmic way back when. But, despite all that he was a heavy hitter back in the day, so I won't devalue any of his achievements, hes just not as high up for me as for others, but to each his own.

Next Up: Verity/IV