Thread: GC Tourney
View Single Post
Unread 03-08-2017, 08:57 PM
Babylon Babylon is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 1428 Post(s)
Tagged: 40 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
63 Won / 15 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnerch Party View Post
And to think you've been dropping those soundproof rebuttals in every thread all week

For me, there's a couple of reasons. Firstly, standard bars bore me. I like when something cuts deep and when you know that the opponent is gonna feel it. Sometimes you don't even need the voters to feel it, just know that the opponent does. But on top of that, I'm just not that creative. I've always been technically sound, but fell completely short when it came to having the creativity to generate concepts out of nowhere. That's why I can do personals (honing in on my ability to diss the fuck out of people ) and schemes (write down multis, write punches off of the multi instead of getting it out of thin air).

Yeah, maybe I'm starting to push it a bit with the personals, but fuck man I've had two battles back, give me a break haha. When I do one battle, and the personals were hard, I want to move onto the next one and push the boundaries even more.
Lmfao @ you noticing that. I began thinking its best to not hound in on something as much & simply agree when I find common ground with someone on here despite interpersonal experiences with em, lol.

I also believe to an extent that this boiling down of a style is negatively aided by the history involved and how we(maybe only I) create semi-concrete perceptions of an emcees approach along the years. As I created the thought stencil of you being the archetype of an almost strictly personals type writer over time, people are most likely doing the same with others and their respective styles. I guess voting objectivity is a tad more fleeting & complex than I previously understood lol. A testament to how we can all be if even slightly, guided & swayed by ego

Also, as a side-note that's still how I write bars too w/ the multi list thing lmao. I find it shortcuts the process a lot of the time. Mfw I realize chloro advice is still alive in my every-day process.

Last edited by Babylon; 03-08-2017 at 09:00 PM.
Unread 03-08-2017, 08:57 PM   #51

Babylon Babylon is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
63 Won / 15 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 289 audio / 238 text
Mentioned: 1428 Post(s)
Tagged: 40 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnerch Party View Post
And to think you've been dropping those soundproof rebuttals in every thread all week

For me, there's a couple of reasons. Firstly, standard bars bore me. I like when something cuts deep and when you know that the opponent is gonna feel it. Sometimes you don't even need the voters to feel it, just know that the opponent does. But on top of that, I'm just not that creative. I've always been technically sound, but fell completely short when it came to having the creativity to generate concepts out of nowhere. That's why I can do personals (honing in on my ability to diss the fuck out of people ) and schemes (write down multis, write punches off of the multi instead of getting it out of thin air).

Yeah, maybe I'm starting to push it a bit with the personals, but fuck man I've had two battles back, give me a break haha. When I do one battle, and the personals were hard, I want to move onto the next one and push the boundaries even more.
Lmfao @ you noticing that. I began thinking its best to not hound in on something as much & simply agree when I find common ground with someone on here despite interpersonal experiences with em, lol.

I also believe to an extent that this boiling down of a style is negatively aided by the history involved and how we(maybe only I) create semi-concrete perceptions of an emcees approach along the years. As I created the thought stencil of you being the archetype of an almost strictly personals type writer over time, people are most likely doing the same with others and their respective styles. I guess voting objectivity is a tad more fleeting & complex than I previously understood lol. A testament to how we can all be if even slightly, guided & swayed by ego

Also, as a side-note that's still how I write bars too w/ the multi list thing lmao. I find it shortcuts the process a lot of the time. Mfw I realize chloro advice is still alive in my every-day process.

Last edited by Babylon; 03-08-2017 at 09:00 PM.