View Single Post
Unread 12-06-2020, 09:28 PM
Kiwi Peewee
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Ok a lot of attacks against mods lately I haven't taken seriously because they were either obvious trolling or just embittered drunk people. But there's people with genuine concerns here, and I'm sorry you feel that way.

Firstly, please bear in mind that all current active mods have only been modded in the past year or so. We didn't create the VP system as some sort of weapon to rule over the site with, its been around in various forms for about 15 years, we're just the latest set of staff with the latest iteration of the VP system doing our best to keep battles as fair and effective as possible.

We literally can't do a system-wide reset of everybody's VP to 1, even if we wanted to, because that would require administrators, and there are none active right now. Most of us agree we should lower staff VP to 3, and now that users seem to agree with that we'll try get it sorted as soon as we can. We don't have higher VP so we can go about willy nilly deciding random battles for the hell of it, it's there so we can sort things out when there's an influx of terrible voters (ie 3pointerj) because the users have shown enough trust in our judgement to appoint us as mods.

I'm genuinely sorry if you've ever asked one of us for help with something and we've not been helpful. It might be because we've been having a terrible day irl, or dealing with someone else harassing us on the site, or we might just be extremely busy and not have time to fully explain what we mean to you. Please bear in mind we don't really get any form of reward for this besides the ability to vote on Lizman battles; everything we do is out of caring about the site, not some hidden agenda to line our pockets or rack up titles or whatever.

Please feel free to message me privately or respond in this thread if you have any concerns about anything and I'll do my best to sort it; there isn't an active 'Head Mod' but if you're having problems with any one particular mod the other staff members will do our best to sort things for you.
Unread 12-06-2020, 09:28 PM   #43

Kiwi Peewee
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Voted: 49 audio / 843 text
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)

Ok a lot of attacks against mods lately I haven't taken seriously because they were either obvious trolling or just embittered drunk people. But there's people with genuine concerns here, and I'm sorry you feel that way.

Firstly, please bear in mind that all current active mods have only been modded in the past year or so. We didn't create the VP system as some sort of weapon to rule over the site with, its been around in various forms for about 15 years, we're just the latest set of staff with the latest iteration of the VP system doing our best to keep battles as fair and effective as possible.

We literally can't do a system-wide reset of everybody's VP to 1, even if we wanted to, because that would require administrators, and there are none active right now. Most of us agree we should lower staff VP to 3, and now that users seem to agree with that we'll try get it sorted as soon as we can. We don't have higher VP so we can go about willy nilly deciding random battles for the hell of it, it's there so we can sort things out when there's an influx of terrible voters (ie 3pointerj) because the users have shown enough trust in our judgement to appoint us as mods.

I'm genuinely sorry if you've ever asked one of us for help with something and we've not been helpful. It might be because we've been having a terrible day irl, or dealing with someone else harassing us on the site, or we might just be extremely busy and not have time to fully explain what we mean to you. Please bear in mind we don't really get any form of reward for this besides the ability to vote on Lizman battles; everything we do is out of caring about the site, not some hidden agenda to line our pockets or rack up titles or whatever.

Please feel free to message me privately or respond in this thread if you have any concerns about anything and I'll do my best to sort it; there isn't an active 'Head Mod' but if you're having problems with any one particular mod the other staff members will do our best to sort things for you.