View Single Post
Unread 07-09-2020, 11:09 AM
Charan
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.76/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.76/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.76/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 2 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FUEL View Post
Not a bad idea, however, it may be hard to get 8 multiple champions to compete/be online for this once a year event....

This is the Exact same as the Rookie Of The Year tourney and the last one was nearly not even ran due to such a low turn out of new/fresh blood...
Good input, so what I was thinking was since the King of Kings Championship will hold more weight, there should also be a monetary prize for the winner along with the title. You're right, champions don't log on as much but if you slap a dollar prize on it I think they'd at least be interested and probably would compete.

And tbh I don't think it's like ROTY at all. The reason ROTY is so hard to execute these days is because newcomers hardly stick around, thus, there not being many or a lot of them being semi-active....and that's IF they're NOT multi-accounts.

The advantage of Rising Stars Champion is that there are a lot of members who aren't rookies that can't compete for that title, but are still solid battlers. So I think the pool for Rising Stars is much MUCH bigger than ROTY.
Unread 07-09-2020, 11:09 AM   #3

Charan
Estimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.76/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.76/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.76/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 2 Lost

Voted: 13 audio / 126 text
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FUEL View Post
Not a bad idea, however, it may be hard to get 8 multiple champions to compete/be online for this once a year event....

This is the Exact same as the Rookie Of The Year tourney and the last one was nearly not even ran due to such a low turn out of new/fresh blood...
Good input, so what I was thinking was since the King of Kings Championship will hold more weight, there should also be a monetary prize for the winner along with the title. You're right, champions don't log on as much but if you slap a dollar prize on it I think they'd at least be interested and probably would compete.

And tbh I don't think it's like ROTY at all. The reason ROTY is so hard to execute these days is because newcomers hardly stick around, thus, there not being many or a lot of them being semi-active....and that's IF they're NOT multi-accounts.

The advantage of Rising Stars Champion is that there are a lot of members who aren't rookies that can't compete for that title, but are still solid battlers. So I think the pool for Rising Stars is much MUCH bigger than ROTY.