View Single Post
Unread 09-05-2014, 09:13 AM
Hubert Cumberdale
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just C View Post
The Rock Stone Cold Mankind/Cactus Jack/Dude Love and Triple H.

Name a better more exciting generation. I don't think you can.

The only 1 I can think comes close is

The Million Dollar Man Hulk Hogan Undertaker Ultimate Warrior Jake The Snake and BtBB
About a year ago, I started watching WWF from the year 2000. This is a general idea of what the card was like.

Eddie Guerrero Vs Chris Jericho - European Title (Both ended up being some of the more popular champions of all time. Two great wrestlers and personalities).

APA Vs Edge and Christian - (Farooq is no a HOFer, JBL, Edge and Christian all went on to become world champs. Two tag teams with a lot of personality).

Crash Holly Vs Mean Street Hobby - 24/7 Rules Hardcore Title (I'd imagine this would go like the Posse goes after Crash, he slips out while they fight amongst themselves of who gets to pin him).

Kurt Angle Vs Chris Benoit - Intercontinental Title (Two of the greatest wrestlers of all time. Both later world champions).

The Godfather & D-Lo Brown Vs Al Snow & Steve Blackman - (If this match happened, I'll make the prediction of how it went. Godfather had the entire crowd reciting his words like a book, D-Lo Brown wore pimp clothes he looked awkward in. Al Snow and Blackman came out, naming themselves Headcheese. Godfather said 'We can fight any time, let's just party with the hoes' and while Snow agreed, Blackman proceeded to kick his ass. That prediction is spot on lol. Would have been a throwaway match but even the jobbers back then had fantastic characters).

X-Pac Vs Kane - (X-Pac was fairly suck, but for a while he was involved in this interesting 'You are as good as me' angle where Trip was bigging him up. This feud was like X-Pac stole Kane's bird. Kane was also brilliant back then, and was a legitimate fear for any wrestler to have to face [ironically, is the safest worker in the ring probably of all time]).

The Hardy Boys Vs The Dudley Boyz - (Two of the best tag teams of all time).

The Big Show w/ Shane McMahon Vs Test - (Would have been a boring match to keep Show relevant. He was still in physically solid shape in 2000).

The Rock, Mankind & Rikishi Vs Triple H & New Age Outlaws - (Rikishi's popularity in this timeline is underrated. He was very over, was a big man wrecking machine, a comedy character and athletic all rolled into one, where as Kane was only the previous two. Rock and Mankind were the premier faces of the company. Triple H was the number 1 heel and New Age Outlaws were his lackies, but also a very over tag team since the entire crowd went nuts with the 'Ladies and Gentleman, Boys and Girls...' shtick).

This is completely made up but it's a sample of how an event looked when I was watching it. You also have The Undertaker returning that year, I BELIEVE Austin returned later that year, and Booker T debuted that year I think, although I didn't watch as far as those.

Everyone thinks they grew out of wrestling. Watch a show from the year 2000 and tell me if you still think that. It's as good now as it ever was. It was funny as hell, the wrestling was okay and the characters were brilliant.

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

EDIT: Danger did you see that Russo send a letter to WWE saying that their product sucks right now?

1) Russo was recently working with TNA, and their recent storylines have been ABYSMAL. It's no coincidence.

2) WWE's booking has been spectacular over recent times. Henry and R-Truth were the most disliked wrestlers on the roster for their abilities. Both got repackaged to have legitimate title matches (with Truth now falling back into obscurity and his previous character's role). Then you've got the rise of CM Punk, the rise of Daniel Bryan and absolutely every single aspect of The Shield.
Unread 09-05-2014, 09:13 AM   #14

Hubert Cumberdale

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just C View Post
The Rock Stone Cold Mankind/Cactus Jack/Dude Love and Triple H.

Name a better more exciting generation. I don't think you can.

The only 1 I can think comes close is

The Million Dollar Man Hulk Hogan Undertaker Ultimate Warrior Jake The Snake and BtBB
About a year ago, I started watching WWF from the year 2000. This is a general idea of what the card was like.

Eddie Guerrero Vs Chris Jericho - European Title (Both ended up being some of the more popular champions of all time. Two great wrestlers and personalities).

APA Vs Edge and Christian - (Farooq is no a HOFer, JBL, Edge and Christian all went on to become world champs. Two tag teams with a lot of personality).

Crash Holly Vs Mean Street Hobby - 24/7 Rules Hardcore Title (I'd imagine this would go like the Posse goes after Crash, he slips out while they fight amongst themselves of who gets to pin him).

Kurt Angle Vs Chris Benoit - Intercontinental Title (Two of the greatest wrestlers of all time. Both later world champions).

The Godfather & D-Lo Brown Vs Al Snow & Steve Blackman - (If this match happened, I'll make the prediction of how it went. Godfather had the entire crowd reciting his words like a book, D-Lo Brown wore pimp clothes he looked awkward in. Al Snow and Blackman came out, naming themselves Headcheese. Godfather said 'We can fight any time, let's just party with the hoes' and while Snow agreed, Blackman proceeded to kick his ass. That prediction is spot on lol. Would have been a throwaway match but even the jobbers back then had fantastic characters).

X-Pac Vs Kane - (X-Pac was fairly suck, but for a while he was involved in this interesting 'You are as good as me' angle where Trip was bigging him up. This feud was like X-Pac stole Kane's bird. Kane was also brilliant back then, and was a legitimate fear for any wrestler to have to face [ironically, is the safest worker in the ring probably of all time]).

The Hardy Boys Vs The Dudley Boyz - (Two of the best tag teams of all time).

The Big Show w/ Shane McMahon Vs Test - (Would have been a boring match to keep Show relevant. He was still in physically solid shape in 2000).

The Rock, Mankind & Rikishi Vs Triple H & New Age Outlaws - (Rikishi's popularity in this timeline is underrated. He was very over, was a big man wrecking machine, a comedy character and athletic all rolled into one, where as Kane was only the previous two. Rock and Mankind were the premier faces of the company. Triple H was the number 1 heel and New Age Outlaws were his lackies, but also a very over tag team since the entire crowd went nuts with the 'Ladies and Gentleman, Boys and Girls...' shtick).

This is completely made up but it's a sample of how an event looked when I was watching it. You also have The Undertaker returning that year, I BELIEVE Austin returned later that year, and Booker T debuted that year I think, although I didn't watch as far as those.

Everyone thinks they grew out of wrestling. Watch a show from the year 2000 and tell me if you still think that. It's as good now as it ever was. It was funny as hell, the wrestling was okay and the characters were brilliant.

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

EDIT: Danger did you see that Russo send a letter to WWE saying that their product sucks right now?

1) Russo was recently working with TNA, and their recent storylines have been ABYSMAL. It's no coincidence.

2) WWE's booking has been spectacular over recent times. Henry and R-Truth were the most disliked wrestlers on the roster for their abilities. Both got repackaged to have legitimate title matches (with Truth now falling back into obscurity and his previous character's role). Then you've got the rise of CM Punk, the rise of Daniel Bryan and absolutely every single aspect of The Shield.