View Single Post
Unread 09-05-2014, 02:24 AM
Hubert Cumberdale
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

PS. I burst out laughing at reading HHH ontwitter saying "Sign up to the Network for 9.99 today and I'll give you the extra W for free. #WWWE" haha.

Punk, you NEED to watch the Attitude Era mate. If you think everyone waited for Cena to come out, watch WWF 2000. Basically, start to finish of the night, the crowd was chanting for Rock to come out. If someone came out and was being a dick, and in the past month they had an exchange with Rock, the crowd was chanting Rocky, hoping he'd be the one to shut them up, even if he wasn't specifically involved with them. When "If ya smell..." hit, the crowd went nuts. I'm talking Rock walking out getting WrestleMania pops.

I don't think a superstar has ever got the fans on their side like Rock did in 2000. Hogan, Austin, and I actually reckon Daniel Bryan are the closest. Hogan and Austin would overall be as big as Rock, but they didn't hold the entire area in as much suspense so constancy. Austin returning to save Team WWF is like my favourite moment of all time, omitting what happened a week later.
Unread 09-05-2014, 02:24 AM   #11

Hubert Cumberdale

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

PS. I burst out laughing at reading HHH ontwitter saying "Sign up to the Network for 9.99 today and I'll give you the extra W for free. #WWWE" haha.

Punk, you NEED to watch the Attitude Era mate. If you think everyone waited for Cena to come out, watch WWF 2000. Basically, start to finish of the night, the crowd was chanting for Rock to come out. If someone came out and was being a dick, and in the past month they had an exchange with Rock, the crowd was chanting Rocky, hoping he'd be the one to shut them up, even if he wasn't specifically involved with them. When "If ya smell..." hit, the crowd went nuts. I'm talking Rock walking out getting WrestleMania pops.

I don't think a superstar has ever got the fans on their side like Rock did in 2000. Hogan, Austin, and I actually reckon Daniel Bryan are the closest. Hogan and Austin would overall be as big as Rock, but they didn't hold the entire area in as much suspense so constancy. Austin returning to save Team WWF is like my favourite moment of all time, omitting what happened a week later.