View Single Post
Unread 12-07-2013, 10:14 PM
The Ghost of Freak
Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
124 Won / 135 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
22 Won / 29 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandJob Alias View Post
Simplicity and perfecting the basics is the key component in revitalizing the Audio side and LetsBeef.com as a whole. This is a small niche market with little competition and what is needed is simple. PEOPLE WANT TO EITHER IMPROVE OR SHOWCASE THEIR RAP ABILITY IN TWO WAYS a) BY TEXT BATTLING or b) AUDIO BATTLING and then of course post tracks to showcase as well. All I utilize are the battle platforms and the chat/discussion forums and could care less about what sneakers my emcee is wearing. How can there be talks of spending money on nonsensical frivolous additions when the backbone of the website has so many current problems and is in need of an overall cleaning and a few screws tightened here and there to improve accessibility and the interactive overall feel. Since making the switch over to Audio I really have no desire in switching back to have a go with the text unless i get the hankering for an occasional cypher because that seems null and void on the audio side. Any funds need to be directed into cleaning up all the outdated piles of irrelevent emcees, battles, threads and so on and so forth and then all the extra gadgets and crap should be deleted and focus soley pinpointed on finessing the basics. All the audio needs is a dependable easy to use recorder with the ability to input any beat to record over...

Heres another question, if I start up an audio cypher or two will people jump on it?
I agree with this statement overall, especially about the basic features needing to take highest priority in being fixed (particularly making audio cypher section, tournament and crew battle pages operational so they can stop being run through the forums).

Also, yes, I definitely promote you using the tinychat.com/letsbeefbattles site to start some online live cyphers. I have done impromptu cyphers this way before and its a good time.

Thanks for contributing to the discussion homeskillet.
Unread 12-07-2013, 10:14 PM   #7

The Ghost of Freak
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
124 Won / 135 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
22 Won / 29 Lost

Voted: 481 audio / 231 text
Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandJob Alias View Post
Simplicity and perfecting the basics is the key component in revitalizing the Audio side and LetsBeef.com as a whole. This is a small niche market with little competition and what is needed is simple. PEOPLE WANT TO EITHER IMPROVE OR SHOWCASE THEIR RAP ABILITY IN TWO WAYS a) BY TEXT BATTLING or b) AUDIO BATTLING and then of course post tracks to showcase as well. All I utilize are the battle platforms and the chat/discussion forums and could care less about what sneakers my emcee is wearing. How can there be talks of spending money on nonsensical frivolous additions when the backbone of the website has so many current problems and is in need of an overall cleaning and a few screws tightened here and there to improve accessibility and the interactive overall feel. Since making the switch over to Audio I really have no desire in switching back to have a go with the text unless i get the hankering for an occasional cypher because that seems null and void on the audio side. Any funds need to be directed into cleaning up all the outdated piles of irrelevent emcees, battles, threads and so on and so forth and then all the extra gadgets and crap should be deleted and focus soley pinpointed on finessing the basics. All the audio needs is a dependable easy to use recorder with the ability to input any beat to record over...

Heres another question, if I start up an audio cypher or two will people jump on it?
I agree with this statement overall, especially about the basic features needing to take highest priority in being fixed (particularly making audio cypher section, tournament and crew battle pages operational so they can stop being run through the forums).

Also, yes, I definitely promote you using the tinychat.com/letsbeefbattles site to start some online live cyphers. I have done impromptu cyphers this way before and its a good time.

Thanks for contributing to the discussion homeskillet.