View Single Post
Unread 12-16-2017, 12:59 AM
Louie Dawgs
Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Louie Dawgs
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
48 Won / 30 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindless View Post
I think you're vastly underestimating the complexity of building something like this. Especially with consideration to the fact that everything is built as a hack to work off of the forum system. There's a LOT of fuckery happening in the backend. I will say that starting from scratch probably WOULD be easier than going in and fucking around with someone else's code. Especially since I'm willing to bet the code for this site is spaghetti as fuck after all the shit it's been through as far as development goes.
I don't really even know who originally built this site, but I'm just going to state outright that they are a high level coder that could work as a senior, if not a tech lead for a lot of startups. This site actually does a huge amount of stuff, and is extremely impressive for a side project. There are definitely guys that I known that work at big time companies that would struggle to build a site of this magnitude part time.

One of the biggest, if not the biggest reason that this site got huge back in the day over other forums and stuff is because it is such an advanced site.

Seems like me an' you bout had enough,
Cause man, it's tough to keep the fam in touch,
And to add it up, this rappin stuff got me flippin out like a blackjack bust

Don't give a fuck if you sound like Master P, Mobb Deep or Remy Martin,
Cuz even if the next to try us is the best of rhymers?
Still get bodied on plates like Jeffery Dahmer
Unread 12-16-2017, 12:59 AM   #28

Louie Dawgs
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
48 Won / 30 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 211 text
Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

Send a message via MSN to Louie Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindless View Post
I think you're vastly underestimating the complexity of building something like this. Especially with consideration to the fact that everything is built as a hack to work off of the forum system. There's a LOT of fuckery happening in the backend. I will say that starting from scratch probably WOULD be easier than going in and fucking around with someone else's code. Especially since I'm willing to bet the code for this site is spaghetti as fuck after all the shit it's been through as far as development goes.
I don't really even know who originally built this site, but I'm just going to state outright that they are a high level coder that could work as a senior, if not a tech lead for a lot of startups. This site actually does a huge amount of stuff, and is extremely impressive for a side project. There are definitely guys that I known that work at big time companies that would struggle to build a site of this magnitude part time.

One of the biggest, if not the biggest reason that this site got huge back in the day over other forums and stuff is because it is such an advanced site.

Seems like me an' you bout had enough,
Cause man, it's tough to keep the fam in touch,
And to add it up, this rappin stuff got me flippin out like a blackjack bust

Don't give a fuck if you sound like Master P, Mobb Deep or Remy Martin,
Cuz even if the next to try us is the best of rhymers?
Still get bodied on plates like Jeffery Dahmer