Edgeworth
Scheme Champion
Concept Champion
Rookie Champion
One Bar Champion
Tag Team Champion
Mentioned: 580 Post(s)
Tagged: 36 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
72 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

These threads are hilarious. Usually (not always) because they're started by people who drop garbage ass verses.

During January I voted on literally almost every battle, text and audio, I missed maybe a handful at most. I can confirm that 99% of the battles in both arenas are complete asscheeks. I'm not gonna just start handing out dimes just because someone can actually string a sentence together or use more than 3 syllable rhymes.

There's some super dope dudes on here with silky smooth rhyming dropping crazy hot punchlines. If you're dropping 1 syllable rhymes, horridly forced multis, basic ass punches and just in general saying nonsense like TESTICLE COUCH SNIFF, you are about 100 leagues below these top dudes. So since they're 8-10s most of the time, that's how you get 4-6s. Step your shit up and quit bitching.

I think oldheads also need a fucking wake up call that shit has changed and no one is impressed with corny and forced wordplays and humongous reaches disguised as punches. Either get with the times or shut the fuck up. Take a look at thesaurus in live battling. One of the longest active battlers. Is he stll battling the same way he was battling back in 2005? Of course not, he'd be getting fucking smoked, and he knows that. You're delusional if you think a style from 10 years ago should be able to instantly translate to today's battle rap scene.

As for the overall voting on the site. What else can be done? Most of the dude's bitching are people who don't even fucking vote. If a battle ends with 4 votes and 3 of them are shit, what can really be done? Go out and recruit more educated people to join LB to vote? Listen, we have who we have here. The main vets of this community know more than any other community I've seen what constitutes good and bad battle rap bars. (And yeah, that IS different from what a good or bad RAP bar is, if we wanna go there too.) I'm sick and tired of all this bitching about voting. UNLESS your battle legit ended up with 3 troll/noob votes that fucked you over in a battle you clearly won...if the crowd collectively says you lost, you lost.
Unread 02-19-2020, 10:36 PM   #39

Edgeworth
Scheme Champion
Concept Champion
Rookie Champion
One Bar Champion
Tag Team Champion
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
72 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 241 audio / 1193 text
Mentioned: 580 Post(s)
Tagged: 36 Thread(s)

These threads are hilarious. Usually (not always) because they're started by people who drop garbage ass verses.

During January I voted on literally almost every battle, text and audio, I missed maybe a handful at most. I can confirm that 99% of the battles in both arenas are complete asscheeks. I'm not gonna just start handing out dimes just because someone can actually string a sentence together or use more than 3 syllable rhymes.

There's some super dope dudes on here with silky smooth rhyming dropping crazy hot punchlines. If you're dropping 1 syllable rhymes, horridly forced multis, basic ass punches and just in general saying nonsense like TESTICLE COUCH SNIFF, you are about 100 leagues below these top dudes. So since they're 8-10s most of the time, that's how you get 4-6s. Step your shit up and quit bitching.

I think oldheads also need a fucking wake up call that shit has changed and no one is impressed with corny and forced wordplays and humongous reaches disguised as punches. Either get with the times or shut the fuck up. Take a look at thesaurus in live battling. One of the longest active battlers. Is he stll battling the same way he was battling back in 2005? Of course not, he'd be getting fucking smoked, and he knows that. You're delusional if you think a style from 10 years ago should be able to instantly translate to today's battle rap scene.

As for the overall voting on the site. What else can be done? Most of the dude's bitching are people who don't even fucking vote. If a battle ends with 4 votes and 3 of them are shit, what can really be done? Go out and recruit more educated people to join LB to vote? Listen, we have who we have here. The main vets of this community know more than any other community I've seen what constitutes good and bad battle rap bars. (And yeah, that IS different from what a good or bad RAP bar is, if we wanna go there too.) I'm sick and tired of all this bitching about voting. UNLESS your battle legit ended up with 3 troll/noob votes that fucked you over in a battle you clearly won...if the crowd collectively says you lost, you lost.