View Single Post
Unread 03-30-2020, 03:30 PM
Captain Wackbeird
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.17/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.17/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.17/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.17/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
2 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
Nah I don't think it's about who has the more basic punches. Then you'd just be actively trying to NOT entertain the readers beyond whatever little perverse laughs they get from reading "you'll get smoked like pot"-tier lines before the novelty wears off.

What it should be about is how entertaining the punches are while ALSO being way more basic than you would expect to be dropped in a serious battle between good battlers. The goal is to be clever while not being complex. Shoutouts to @Captain Wackbeird.

If you were to use a math formula, it'd be, like, how much the bars made you laugh minus how complex they are. Or something like that.
Aye, ye be a true gentleman Mr. Shodan. I appreciate ye finding the subtle cleverness in me bars.
Unread 03-30-2020, 03:30 PM   #12

Captain Wackbeird
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.17/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.17/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.17/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.17/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
2 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 1 text
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
Nah I don't think it's about who has the more basic punches. Then you'd just be actively trying to NOT entertain the readers beyond whatever little perverse laughs they get from reading "you'll get smoked like pot"-tier lines before the novelty wears off.

What it should be about is how entertaining the punches are while ALSO being way more basic than you would expect to be dropped in a serious battle between good battlers. The goal is to be clever while not being complex. Shoutouts to @Captain Wackbeird.

If you were to use a math formula, it'd be, like, how much the bars made you laugh minus how complex they are. Or something like that.
Aye, ye be a true gentleman Mr. Shodan. I appreciate ye finding the subtle cleverness in me bars.