View Single Post
Unread 11-25-2017, 01:08 PM
NOBLE
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyve SCIENCE View Post
"The Book of Gates" - Your answer makes me think you just googled it real quick. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're well versed in Egyptian Mythology/ History. However, claiming the depictions were too faded to tell the race is absurd. Egyptians made Africans look much different than Libyans.
I actually did Google because I couldn't remember the name of the picture and where it was from. But I was already familiar with it and I was at one point well versed in Egyptian mythology and history. Saying Egyptians made Africans look much different is simply stupid. The Egyptians were Africans themselves and so we're the Libyans. Everyone depicted on that wall were Africans. Or do you want to argue that Egypt and Libya are not in Africa? I think what you meant is they made Sudanese or people to their south look different with darker paint.

Quote:
"That was Libyans not Berbers" - I think you're confused with ancient Libyans and the modem state of Libya. Ancient Libyans are the ancestors of the Berber people. The inscription is much older than the Greek or Roman empires so they didn't affect the look of Libyans. Ancient Libya was from Morocco to Algeria btw.
I actually thought you might have been confused, but I'm glad we're both aware that ancient Libya spans a greater geographical area than the modern country named Libya. That's why I added that, then as is the case now, not all Libyans looked the same, and neither was Libya filled with only Berbers, and there had been Phoenician settlers in North Africa even before the Romans and Greeks. So a depiction of a "Libyan" doesn't necessarily equate a depiction of a Berber. A "Libyan" at that time could have been anybody from the settlers to the indigenous people of various shades.

Quote:
"I pointed out they look black" - Berbers are not black nor were their ancestors. But there are black Africans that mixed with Berbers and adopted the Berber culture. That was around 700ad to 1100ad and the majority of Berbers are Berber / Arab with a little European and African mix.
You seem to think of race as an absolute. For the sake of argument, let's assume what you say is true and Berbers are not black but are mixed with black, Arab, and European. Are they all homogeneously mixed, or are some a little more mixed with black or a little more mixed with Arab than others? At which point are they so mixed that one can say they "look black" or "look Arab?" If you're saying any degree of mixture means they are not black, then you might as well say African Americans aren't black even though their DNA is like 80% African on average. Lol. Go tell a Fulani from Nigeria or a Tuareg from Mali they are not black.

Quote:
Im glad you're such an expert and told me my wife's heritage didn't matter. Even though, she's Berber and has been to Libya, Morocco, Tunisia and Algeria several times. Of course, you know her ancestry better than her.
Untuck your dick from between your asscheeks and realize I didn't say your wife's heritage didn't matter. What I said was MY OPINION of what I think her race is or what I think of terms like "Semitic" ultimately doesn't matter, but what DOES matter is how people choose to identify themselves. If your wife thinks she is white, then I respect that and will address her as a white person.

Quote:
"I don't subscribe to the term Semitic" - Ok so you don't subscribe to science? Now im thinking you're trolling me. Or maybe you believe Hebrews were black just like you do Moors? Maybe you watch to much YouTube. Im sure you believe black Egyptians built the pyramids?

Semitic "adjective

relating to or denoting a family of languages that includes Hebrew, Arabic, and Aramaic and certain ancient languages such as Phoenician and Akkadian, constituting the main subgroup of the Afro-Asiatic family.

relating to the peoples who speak the Semitic languages, especially Hebrew and Arabic."

"Genetic studies indicate that modern Jews (Ashkenazi, Sephardic and Mizrahi specifically), Levantine Arabs,*Assyrians,Samaritans,*Maronites,*Druze,Mand aeans, and*Mhallami, all have an ancient indigenous common Near Eastern heritage which can be genetically mapped back to the ancient Fertile Crescent, but often also display genetic profiles distinct from one another, indicating the different histories of these peoples.[14]"
Semitic is not a scientific term, concept, or theory so how does saying I don't subscribe to the term Semitic mean I don't subscribe to science? Yes, science can be used to map the genetics of people we call "Semites" and show a correlation of haplogroups, but that doesn't make the term "Semitic " scientific. The term Semitic is derived from the Bible (Shem, one of the sons of Noah) and I specifically mentioned that as one of the reasons I find it inaccurate. So the term Semitic is Biblical, not scientific. I know the word exists and what it means or what it's supposed to mean. That doesn't mean I'm precluded from thinking more accurate term for describing people within the same set can be found. Even though we disagree, you were cool until this post when you started sounding cheeky, putting words in my mouth and coming with strawman arguments. I think you probably watch YouTube more than me and have came across people arguing that everyone from the Moors to Egyptians were black and are lumping me into the same category so to some extent, you're arguing against them, not me. Have I said anything about Egyptians in this thread? I may or may not believe black Egyptians built the pyramids, but let's not get ahead of ourselves and stick to arguing against only what has been stated thus far.

Quote:
""I dont consider Arabs to be white" - It doesn't matter, Arabs are white by US standards.
Like I said before, race is an arbitrary social convention, and while I may have opinions about people's race, I ultimately respect their right to identify however they choose. If an Arab person told me they are white, I'll accept that. I'm pretty sure there are some who identify as white just as I'm sure there are some who don't. If you're will to tell an Arab who denies being white that they are in fact white because of US standards, be my guest.

Quote:
"I've studied under Sufi Sheiks" - Are you saying you dance and sing well? Sufis are just the esoteric branch of Islam. And religion isn't race. Anyone can be a Sufi. I dont know what it has to do with Berbers tho. Point?
Are you aware that not all Sufis sing and dance or belong to the so-called whirling dervishes? I mentioned the specific orders the sheikhs I studied under were from. Research Maraboutism, which I said earlier was a syncretic religion practiced by the Moors in Spain, then come back and tell me what it has to do with Berbers and Sufism.
Unread 11-25-2017, 01:08 PM   #25

NOBLE
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 407 audio / 1061 text
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)

Quote:
"The Book of Gates" - Your answer makes me think you just googled it real quick. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're well versed in Egyptian Mythology/ History. However, claiming the depictions were too faded to tell the race is absurd. Egyptians made Africans look much different than Libyans.
I actually did Google because I couldn't remember the name of the picture and where it was from. But I was already familiar with it and I was at one point well versed in Egyptian mythology and history. Saying Egyptians made Africans look much different is simply stupid. The Egyptians were Africans themselves and so we're the Libyans. Everyone depicted on that wall were Africans. Or do you want to argue that Egypt and Libya are not in Africa? I think what you meant is they made Sudanese or people to their south look different with darker paint.

Quote:
"That was Libyans not Berbers" - I think you're confused with ancient Libyans and the modem state of Libya. Ancient Libyans are the ancestors of the Berber people. The inscription is much older than the Greek or Roman empires so they didn't affect the look of Libyans. Ancient Libya was from Morocco to Algeria btw.
I actually thought you might have been confused, but I'm glad we're both aware that ancient Libya spans a greater geographical area than the modern country named Libya. That's why I added that, then as is the case now, not all Libyans looked the same, and neither was Libya filled with only Berbers, and there had been Phoenician settlers in North Africa even before the Romans and Greeks. So a depiction of a "Libyan" doesn't necessarily equate a depiction of a Berber. A "Libyan" at that time could have been anybody from the settlers to the indigenous people of various shades.

Quote:
"I pointed out they look black" - Berbers are not black nor were their ancestors. But there are black Africans that mixed with Berbers and adopted the Berber culture. That was around 700ad to 1100ad and the majority of Berbers are Berber / Arab with a little European and African mix.
You seem to think of race as an absolute. For the sake of argument, let's assume what you say is true and Berbers are not black but are mixed with black, Arab, and European. Are they all homogeneously mixed, or are some a little more mixed with black or a little more mixed with Arab than others? At which point are they so mixed that one can say they "look black" or "look Arab?" If you're saying any degree of mixture means they are not black, then you might as well say African Americans aren't black even though their DNA is like 80% African on average. Lol. Go tell a Fulani from Nigeria or a Tuareg from Mali they are not black.

Quote:
Im glad you're such an expert and told me my wife's heritage didn't matter. Even though, she's Berber and has been to Libya, Morocco, Tunisia and Algeria several times. Of course, you know her ancestry better than her.
Untuck your dick from between your asscheeks and realize I didn't say your wife's heritage didn't matter. What I said was MY OPINION of what I think her race is or what I think of terms like "Semitic" ultimately doesn't matter, but what DOES matter is how people choose to identify themselves. If your wife thinks she is white, then I respect that and will address her as a white person.

Quote:
"I don't subscribe to the term Semitic" - Ok so you don't subscribe to science? Now im thinking you're trolling me. Or maybe you believe Hebrews were black just like you do Moors? Maybe you watch to much YouTube. Im sure you believe black Egyptians built the pyramids?

Semitic "adjective

relating to or denoting a family of languages that includes Hebrew, Arabic, and Aramaic and certain ancient languages such as Phoenician and Akkadian, constituting the main subgroup of the Afro-Asiatic family.

relating to the peoples who speak the Semitic languages, especially Hebrew and Arabic."

"Genetic studies indicate that modern Jews (Ashkenazi, Sephardic and Mizrahi specifically), Levantine Arabs,*Assyrians,Samaritans,*Maronites,*Druze,Mand aeans, and*Mhallami, all have an ancient indigenous common Near Eastern heritage which can be genetically mapped back to the ancient Fertile Crescent, but often also display genetic profiles distinct from one another, indicating the different histories of these peoples.[14]"
Semitic is not a scientific term, concept, or theory so how does saying I don't subscribe to the term Semitic mean I don't subscribe to science? Yes, science can be used to map the genetics of people we call "Semites" and show a correlation of haplogroups, but that doesn't make the term "Semitic " scientific. The term Semitic is derived from the Bible (Shem, one of the sons of Noah) and I specifically mentioned that as one of the reasons I find it inaccurate. So the term Semitic is Biblical, not scientific. I know the word exists and what it means or what it's supposed to mean. That doesn't mean I'm precluded from thinking more accurate term for describing people within the same set can be found. Even though we disagree, you were cool until this post when you started sounding cheeky, putting words in my mouth and coming with strawman arguments. I think you probably watch YouTube more than me and have came across people arguing that everyone from the Moors to Egyptians were black and are lumping me into the same category so to some extent, you're arguing against them, not me. Have I said anything about Egyptians in this thread? I may or may not believe black Egyptians built the pyramids, but let's not get ahead of ourselves and stick to arguing against only what has been stated thus far.

Quote:
""I dont consider Arabs to be white" - It doesn't matter, Arabs are white by US standards.
Like I said before, race is an arbitrary social convention, and while I may have opinions about people's race, I ultimately respect their right to identify however they choose. If an Arab person told me they are white, I'll accept that. I'm pretty sure there are some who identify as white just as I'm sure there are some who don't. If you're will to tell an Arab who denies being white that they are in fact white because of US standards, be my guest.

Quote:
"I've studied under Sufi Sheiks" - Are you saying you dance and sing well? Sufis are just the esoteric branch of Islam. And religion isn't race. Anyone can be a Sufi. I dont know what it has to do with Berbers tho. Point?
Are you aware that not all Sufis sing and dance or belong to the so-called whirling dervishes? I mentioned the specific orders the sheikhs I studied under were from. Research Maraboutism, which I said earlier was a syncretic religion practiced by the Moors in Spain, then come back and tell me what it has to do with Berbers and Sufism.