View Single Post
Unread 05-09-2020, 04:09 AM
RickyLahey
Banned
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
46 Won / 7 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Peewee View Post
Unconscious bias is a thing for sure. However, that bias has to be established in the first place, and I don't think you can claim Esso didn't earn his by battling a long time before he was a mod. Also, plenty of LB's top-flight battlers have made hidden multi accounts and been just as successful on them (i.e. UA winning a GC and one-bar title as YOU WISH; Lockhart going undefeated and winning a tag tourney as Perplexity). Interestingly enough, when they do, people often whinge and complain about how it affects their ability to use personals on them. It would seem that top-tier battles just can't win for winning.
That's a fair point bro. But, re-read carefully what I said. I said their win percentages are slightly higher due to their "fame", you understand? There are some people who would never vote against a mod/champion no matter what. They fear people will think they're uneducated if they disagree with a mod/champ. Lockhart & Esso are both hella talented and creative and I'm not saying anything against them personally. My entire point I am trying to get across, it's a conflict of interest. I've seen dudes beat a champ/mods fair and still "lose", just recently in fact. It is what it is tho I suppose.
Unread 05-09-2020, 04:09 AM   #69

RickyLahey
Banned
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
46 Won / 7 Lost

Voted: 73 audio / 180 text
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Peewee View Post
Unconscious bias is a thing for sure. However, that bias has to be established in the first place, and I don't think you can claim Esso didn't earn his by battling a long time before he was a mod. Also, plenty of LB's top-flight battlers have made hidden multi accounts and been just as successful on them (i.e. UA winning a GC and one-bar title as YOU WISH; Lockhart going undefeated and winning a tag tourney as Perplexity). Interestingly enough, when they do, people often whinge and complain about how it affects their ability to use personals on them. It would seem that top-tier battles just can't win for winning.
That's a fair point bro. But, re-read carefully what I said. I said their win percentages are slightly higher due to their "fame", you understand? There are some people who would never vote against a mod/champion no matter what. They fear people will think they're uneducated if they disagree with a mod/champ. Lockhart & Esso are both hella talented and creative and I'm not saying anything against them personally. My entire point I am trying to get across, it's a conflict of interest. I've seen dudes beat a champ/mods fair and still "lose", just recently in fact. It is what it is tho I suppose.