View Single Post
Unread 09-29-2021, 12:47 AM
Kiwi Peewee
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 22 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Despite being a friend and huge fan of Lock, I've personally been on the fence about this for quite a while. In terms of title success he's objectively the most successful ever, but it's worth bearing in mind that there were extremely few secondary audio tournaments for most of LB history. I'm also not that into audio battling which makes it a hard call for me to judge, but in the audio runs I saw him in, Lock's success was based mostly on his bar writing (which is already honoured in the Text HoF) instead of being considered an all-round amazing audio battler.

That being said, I think particularly in the late stages of his time on LB, Lock began to really excel in audio. He's beaten All Boro, Seul and Bleu (all audio HOF) and I think some others I can't remember in audio across a range of different time lengths and stipulations. On the Rieper account I'm only aware of him losing two audio battles (to Aggo and All-Boro). He has also become probably LB's most notable battler on the Discord scene, and is moving into live battling.

I think there's a solid argument to make either way but I'm personally voting yes because in my time on the site nobody has been better than Lock, and the only ones who have been his equal are HOF, so from my perspective he deserves it.
Unread 09-29-2021, 12:47 AM   #5

Kiwi Peewee
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Voted: 49 audio / 843 text
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 22 Thread(s)

Despite being a friend and huge fan of Lock, I've personally been on the fence about this for quite a while. In terms of title success he's objectively the most successful ever, but it's worth bearing in mind that there were extremely few secondary audio tournaments for most of LB history. I'm also not that into audio battling which makes it a hard call for me to judge, but in the audio runs I saw him in, Lock's success was based mostly on his bar writing (which is already honoured in the Text HoF) instead of being considered an all-round amazing audio battler.

That being said, I think particularly in the late stages of his time on LB, Lock began to really excel in audio. He's beaten All Boro, Seul and Bleu (all audio HOF) and I think some others I can't remember in audio across a range of different time lengths and stipulations. On the Rieper account I'm only aware of him losing two audio battles (to Aggo and All-Boro). He has also become probably LB's most notable battler on the Discord scene, and is moving into live battling.

I think there's a solid argument to make either way but I'm personally voting yes because in my time on the site nobody has been better than Lock, and the only ones who have been his equal are HOF, so from my perspective he deserves it.