View Single Post
Unread 07-12-2013, 12:27 AM
Hubert Cumberdale
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE View Post
You didn't come into the thread like "these particular black people that I've seen on twitter are never as outraged when it happens to a white teen." You came in the thread like "why are black people only outraged when it comes to their own?" No one can argue with your personal experience. If what you've personally experienced is that every black person you've ever encountered on twitter are x, then unless I know every black person you've ever encountered on twitter, and that they are truly x, I can't debate with you. But when you state is as "how come black people...x" without limiting the variable, it becomes a blanket statement and will always come off as ignorant or racist to someone.

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

And even if you did research the lives of the top 10 #justice for Trayvon users on twitter, it wouldn't prove the assumption that "black people" as a whole share the same history and have never been outraged about anything beside the slaying of black teens.

Come on, you're getting pretty stuck onto the idea now. Perhaps the OP was worded a certain way, but I've said time and time again since then that it's nothing to do with "all black people" and is in reference to these specific people fighting for Trayvon but you wouldn't find an instance of them fighting for a white teen who was killed.

Entire thread topic =

Isn't it racist that there is black people fighting for Trayvon JUST because he is black.

That is what I'm asking you to reply to.
Unread 07-12-2013, 12:27 AM   #17

Hubert Cumberdale

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE View Post
You didn't come into the thread like "these particular black people that I've seen on twitter are never as outraged when it happens to a white teen." You came in the thread like "why are black people only outraged when it comes to their own?" No one can argue with your personal experience. If what you've personally experienced is that every black person you've ever encountered on twitter are x, then unless I know every black person you've ever encountered on twitter, and that they are truly x, I can't debate with you. But when you state is as "how come black people...x" without limiting the variable, it becomes a blanket statement and will always come off as ignorant or racist to someone.

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

And even if you did research the lives of the top 10 #justice for Trayvon users on twitter, it wouldn't prove the assumption that "black people" as a whole share the same history and have never been outraged about anything beside the slaying of black teens.

Come on, you're getting pretty stuck onto the idea now. Perhaps the OP was worded a certain way, but I've said time and time again since then that it's nothing to do with "all black people" and is in reference to these specific people fighting for Trayvon but you wouldn't find an instance of them fighting for a white teen who was killed.

Entire thread topic =

Isn't it racist that there is black people fighting for Trayvon JUST because he is black.

That is what I'm asking you to reply to.