View Single Post
Unread 07-05-2015, 12:50 AM
Dean
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
Saying that Wayne is better than Eminem, or that Eminem is better than Wayne, is a matter of taste. In fact, saying that anyone is better than anyone else is by definition a matter of taste, unless we are basing our comparison off of objective criteria. I, personally, don't care about how an artist has degenerated or improved over time, since I choose their best songs to listen to, and I'm only concerned with lyrical ability - their musical prowess or mixing don't really matter to me, unless they are bad enough to distract significantly from the track.

Based on these criteria, I prefer Eminem, because his best songs display a higher level of (what I consider to be) lyrical talent than Wayne's best songs. Of course, not everyone will agree with me on this, so it comes back to personal preference.
^ Exactly. Seeing I mainly listen to rap for entertainment, I don't necessary need to hear complex multis or thought provoking lines for me to enjoy a song. Lil wayne keeps my attention and entertains me throughout his albums. Dude gets the job done for me.
Unread 07-05-2015, 12:50 AM   #20

Dean

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
Saying that Wayne is better than Eminem, or that Eminem is better than Wayne, is a matter of taste. In fact, saying that anyone is better than anyone else is by definition a matter of taste, unless we are basing our comparison off of objective criteria. I, personally, don't care about how an artist has degenerated or improved over time, since I choose their best songs to listen to, and I'm only concerned with lyrical ability - their musical prowess or mixing don't really matter to me, unless they are bad enough to distract significantly from the track.

Based on these criteria, I prefer Eminem, because his best songs display a higher level of (what I consider to be) lyrical talent than Wayne's best songs. Of course, not everyone will agree with me on this, so it comes back to personal preference.
^ Exactly. Seeing I mainly listen to rap for entertainment, I don't necessary need to hear complex multis or thought provoking lines for me to enjoy a song. Lil wayne keeps my attention and entertains me throughout his albums. Dude gets the job done for me.