View Single Post
Unread 07-05-2015, 12:49 AM
exZACHly
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.33/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
65 Won / 13 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 8.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.96/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
41 Won / 14 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
Saying that Wayne is better than Eminem, or that Eminem is better than Wayne, is a matter of taste. In fact, saying that anyone is better than anyone else is by definition a matter of taste, unless we are basing our comparison off of objective criteria. I, personally, don't care about how an artist has degenerated or improved over time, since I choose their best songs to listen to, and I'm only concerned with lyrical ability - their musical prowess or mixing don't really matter to me, unless they are bad enough to distract significantly from the track.

Based on these criteria, I prefer Eminem, because his best songs display a higher level of (what I consider to be) lyrical talent than Wayne's best songs. Of course, not everyone will agree with me on this, so it comes back to personal preference.

^^This, Maybe i'm just old as fuck but saying Wayne is musically better is just because you've become adapted to the bullshit that most music is today, and if you're saying he's lyrically better then you're on crack...Def comes down to preference but yeah i don't really fuck with Wayne, he has a couple catchy jams, but dude don't even write his own shit....fuck him #TheEnd
Unread 07-05-2015, 12:49 AM   #19

exZACHly
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.33/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
65 Won / 13 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 8.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.96/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
41 Won / 14 Lost

Voted: 323 audio / 474 text
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
Saying that Wayne is better than Eminem, or that Eminem is better than Wayne, is a matter of taste. In fact, saying that anyone is better than anyone else is by definition a matter of taste, unless we are basing our comparison off of objective criteria. I, personally, don't care about how an artist has degenerated or improved over time, since I choose their best songs to listen to, and I'm only concerned with lyrical ability - their musical prowess or mixing don't really matter to me, unless they are bad enough to distract significantly from the track.

Based on these criteria, I prefer Eminem, because his best songs display a higher level of (what I consider to be) lyrical talent than Wayne's best songs. Of course, not everyone will agree with me on this, so it comes back to personal preference.

^^This, Maybe i'm just old as fuck but saying Wayne is musically better is just because you've become adapted to the bullshit that most music is today, and if you're saying he's lyrically better then you're on crack...Def comes down to preference but yeah i don't really fuck with Wayne, he has a couple catchy jams, but dude don't even write his own shit....fuck him #TheEnd