View Single Post
Unread 12-26-2018, 09:33 PM
Aggo
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I agree with getting rid of the block button. Tyrant is right. VP really eliminates the need for the block button. Patterns in voting emerge pretty easily and if you notice a shitty voter, buddy voter, whatever, send a message to a mod and chances are their VP gets lowered. Than the mods can address it. People generally dont like having low vp. If they want it raised a mod will tell them to send them a number of examples of their good votes with expos. The culptit can be alerted that their vp was lowered due to buddy/hate voting and that it will be lowered again if it continues.

Heres a few ways this helps. 1) Less blocking means more voting. Id rather have a dude with no VP vote on my battle than have them blocked so they cant. We all want more votes right? 2) It allows people who are tempted to shit vote to see that its noticed and give them a chance to remedy that and improve = more good voters. 3)i think there was a 3 but i forgot somewhere between 1 and 2 what it was.
Unread 12-26-2018, 09:33 PM   #3

Aggo

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I agree with getting rid of the block button. Tyrant is right. VP really eliminates the need for the block button. Patterns in voting emerge pretty easily and if you notice a shitty voter, buddy voter, whatever, send a message to a mod and chances are their VP gets lowered. Than the mods can address it. People generally dont like having low vp. If they want it raised a mod will tell them to send them a number of examples of their good votes with expos. The culptit can be alerted that their vp was lowered due to buddy/hate voting and that it will be lowered again if it continues.

Heres a few ways this helps. 1) Less blocking means more voting. Id rather have a dude with no VP vote on my battle than have them blocked so they cant. We all want more votes right? 2) It allows people who are tempted to shit vote to see that its noticed and give them a chance to remedy that and improve = more good voters. 3)i think there was a 3 but i forgot somewhere between 1 and 2 what it was.