View Single Post
Unread 10-14-2017, 01:53 AM
NOBLE
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godbody View Post
That's not racist because Judaism is a religion and not a race

You can be jewish and be Mexican, be jewish and be Afghani, be jewish and German, Israeli, etc
To some extent, you're right. People CAN convert to Judaism. Although whether they're fully accepted as Jews might be another story. At the same time, you have people who are considered Jews or Jewish, and they're not even religious. Some might even be atheists. Why is that? I think when you look deeper into it, there is a racial component to Judaism, starting with the marriage laws, especially that of the Kohanim. The Kohanim (or Cohens) are the priestly class among Jews, supposed to have been descended from Aaron, the brother of Moses. Till this day, among both Sephardic and Ashkenazi Jews, there's a certain segment of the Y-chromosome among people who claim to be Kohanim or Levi'I'm (Levites) that is found in like 98% of them and is proof of a common paternal ancestry. People talk stereotypically about certain features like the "Jewish nose" or the "Jew fro" referring to the texture of their hair. It's a little bit more than just a shared belief is all I'm saying. There's actually a genetic component most of the time, to such an extent that being Jewish can also be considered an ethnicity rather than just a religion. So yes, I still think the word "racist" can apply to someone that is anti-Jew and I think it's often more accurate than the term "anti-Semite."
Unread 10-14-2017, 01:53 AM   #10

NOBLE
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost

Voted: 407 audio / 1061 text
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godbody View Post
That's not racist because Judaism is a religion and not a race

You can be jewish and be Mexican, be jewish and be Afghani, be jewish and German, Israeli, etc
To some extent, you're right. People CAN convert to Judaism. Although whether they're fully accepted as Jews might be another story. At the same time, you have people who are considered Jews or Jewish, and they're not even religious. Some might even be atheists. Why is that? I think when you look deeper into it, there is a racial component to Judaism, starting with the marriage laws, especially that of the Kohanim. The Kohanim (or Cohens) are the priestly class among Jews, supposed to have been descended from Aaron, the brother of Moses. Till this day, among both Sephardic and Ashkenazi Jews, there's a certain segment of the Y-chromosome among people who claim to be Kohanim or Levi'I'm (Levites) that is found in like 98% of them and is proof of a common paternal ancestry. People talk stereotypically about certain features like the "Jewish nose" or the "Jew fro" referring to the texture of their hair. It's a little bit more than just a shared belief is all I'm saying. There's actually a genetic component most of the time, to such an extent that being Jewish can also be considered an ethnicity rather than just a religion. So yes, I still think the word "racist" can apply to someone that is anti-Jew and I think it's often more accurate than the term "anti-Semite."