View Single Post
Unread 09-14-2019, 03:02 PM
REZN
Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 10 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
I don't know how NOBLE reacted, but "using exploits against the site" is an exaggeration to the point of being a flat-out lie. I found a bug that allowed me to give ratings above "10" by going into Inspect Element and changing the integer value associated with an option in the rating drop-down box, which worked because the server-side code apparently didn't check to see if the values entered were legitimate. I used it a couple of times just to prove that I could. I also responsibly reported this bug to the staff, and it apparently got patched. And now you say I "used exploits" as though I hacked into the site like Neo and stole everybody's credit card number.
That's definitely an exploitation of a mechanic.

Edit: I also vaguely recall you bragging about this to me at the time, in a way that definitely made it seem a lot more like you reporting a bug, or doing it once or twice.

Last edited by REZN; 09-14-2019 at 03:06 PM.
Unread 09-14-2019, 03:02 PM   #22

REZN
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 10 Lost

Voted: 1 audio / 54 text
Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
I don't know how NOBLE reacted, but "using exploits against the site" is an exaggeration to the point of being a flat-out lie. I found a bug that allowed me to give ratings above "10" by going into Inspect Element and changing the integer value associated with an option in the rating drop-down box, which worked because the server-side code apparently didn't check to see if the values entered were legitimate. I used it a couple of times just to prove that I could. I also responsibly reported this bug to the staff, and it apparently got patched. And now you say I "used exploits" as though I hacked into the site like Neo and stole everybody's credit card number.
That's definitely an exploitation of a mechanic.

Edit: I also vaguely recall you bragging about this to me at the time, in a way that definitely made it seem a lot more like you reporting a bug, or doing it once or twice.

Last edited by REZN; 09-14-2019 at 03:06 PM.