View Single Post
Unread 09-26-2019, 11:42 PM
Subreal
Mentioned: 1040 Post(s)
Tagged: 39 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
41 Won / 37 Lost

Flow and multis are easy, anyone semi competent can do that all day, and that’s what old textcees relied on. Coming up with new wordplay/creative punchlines like modern texctees do is much harder and what actually takes skill. Anyone who understands the concept of a 2 syllable multi can make a scheme of 7+ syllable multis etc. Flow is a simple formula too, it’s called having roughly the same number of syllables between rhyme schemes. Listening to a song you can expect that the snare is gonna hit on the 2 and 4, on a verse with good flow it’s the same thing the rhymes come at regular intervals.

If I’m not concerned about punchlines, I can key up a verse with elementary insults but on a 10 syllable scheme with perfect flow easy. Shits easy and the basic building blocks of a verse, punchlines are what separate the GOATs.

And I don’t know what @Erupt is on about , your punchlines/wordplay is what won you your shit. You might be dissing the style but you incorporated it into your verses, because that’s what gets votes in this era. You might not have liked doing it, but you did it.

Pack of Wolves, gayest crew on the site.

Last edited by Subreal; 09-26-2019 at 11:52 PM.
Unread 09-26-2019, 11:42 PM   #143

Subreal
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
41 Won / 37 Lost

Voted: 44 audio / 258 text
Mentioned: 1040 Post(s)
Tagged: 39 Thread(s)

Flow and multis are easy, anyone semi competent can do that all day, and that’s what old textcees relied on. Coming up with new wordplay/creative punchlines like modern texctees do is much harder and what actually takes skill. Anyone who understands the concept of a 2 syllable multi can make a scheme of 7+ syllable multis etc. Flow is a simple formula too, it’s called having roughly the same number of syllables between rhyme schemes. Listening to a song you can expect that the snare is gonna hit on the 2 and 4, on a verse with good flow it’s the same thing the rhymes come at regular intervals.

If I’m not concerned about punchlines, I can key up a verse with elementary insults but on a 10 syllable scheme with perfect flow easy. Shits easy and the basic building blocks of a verse, punchlines are what separate the GOATs.

And I don’t know what @Erupt is on about , your punchlines/wordplay is what won you your shit. You might be dissing the style but you incorporated it into your verses, because that’s what gets votes in this era. You might not have liked doing it, but you did it.

Pack of Wolves, gayest crew on the site.

Last edited by Subreal; 09-26-2019 at 11:52 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote