View Single Post
Unread 02-11-2013, 08:13 PM
Saint-Cizzle
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

True! Especially that last point @Interp. I'd say anything from 2006-2009 was LB's hayday, so 2007 was dope too...

also,

@Dave, I may just be uninformed on the battle side of things, cuz all I piddle in now is tracks... and what i see on tracks side of things is sad as fuck. Again, these are tracks, creative pieces of art for the history books whether garbo or interesting... it's still history nonetheless, battles are so numerous, it's hard to scroll through that history, but small 3 minute pieces of art? Easy. I mean, I see people with industry quality material (not just my own, mind you, tons of other folks material) that is lucky to get 5 spins... again, we a community, cats wanna make a leap to tracks and break their neck on em, least we should try and seize opportunity to, yeah, may sound corny, but to just tell em to reach of the stars, or at least hit the sideways damn triangle and get a play outta it.

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just C View Post
lol i kept scrolling n scrolling n scrolling. thought it was never gonna end. i get your point though. i think its just the people who were once into this site heavy have either gradually lost interest, grown tired of the bitching at feedback so they dont bother or they've grown out of it (myself) I simply havent got the interest or motivation to make music or battle. Its just 1 of those things that happens over time. I think the sites had a good consistant run of activity (6, 7 years) and is now going through a transition. Its just a question of where is the new blood to take over carry the baton?

We need another 8mile to generate interest in the next generation
LMFAO!!! So true....
Unread 02-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #29

Saint-Cizzle

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

True! Especially that last point @Interp. I'd say anything from 2006-2009 was LB's hayday, so 2007 was dope too...

also,

@Dave, I may just be uninformed on the battle side of things, cuz all I piddle in now is tracks... and what i see on tracks side of things is sad as fuck. Again, these are tracks, creative pieces of art for the history books whether garbo or interesting... it's still history nonetheless, battles are so numerous, it's hard to scroll through that history, but small 3 minute pieces of art? Easy. I mean, I see people with industry quality material (not just my own, mind you, tons of other folks material) that is lucky to get 5 spins... again, we a community, cats wanna make a leap to tracks and break their neck on em, least we should try and seize opportunity to, yeah, may sound corny, but to just tell em to reach of the stars, or at least hit the sideways damn triangle and get a play outta it.

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just C View Post
lol i kept scrolling n scrolling n scrolling. thought it was never gonna end. i get your point though. i think its just the people who were once into this site heavy have either gradually lost interest, grown tired of the bitching at feedback so they dont bother or they've grown out of it (myself) I simply havent got the interest or motivation to make music or battle. Its just 1 of those things that happens over time. I think the sites had a good consistant run of activity (6, 7 years) and is now going through a transition. Its just a question of where is the new blood to take over carry the baton?

We need another 8mile to generate interest in the next generation
LMFAO!!! So true....