View Single Post
Unread 08-30-2020, 08:16 PM
Kiwi Peewee
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by JORMUNGANDR View Post
if i see a "captain beefheart" bar, it's just gonna click for me.
If I go to the effort of writing a Trout Mask Replica bar and you don't give me a 10 I'll permaban u

What I look for in a verse depends on the level. If its a lower-tier/less-experienced battler then I'm mainly worried about everything making basic sense, as well as the rhymes working on a basic level. If its someone who has mastered the basics of writing something that makes sense, rhymes and disses their opponent, then I'm looking for punches with double-meanings, preferably flipped at the end of the line. The more original (but still sensible) the better. When it gets to really high-level stuff is where I start comparing personal vs generic punches, flow/swagger vs complex setups, unique angles and topic areas etc.

Ultimately I don't think you can read a verse specifically judging on a set list of factors, but more on how you feel after reading it, and which verse leaves you feeling more convinced at the end of reading the battle.
Unread 08-30-2020, 08:16 PM   #9

Kiwi Peewee
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Voted: 49 audio / 843 text
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JORMUNGANDR View Post
if i see a "captain beefheart" bar, it's just gonna click for me.
If I go to the effort of writing a Trout Mask Replica bar and you don't give me a 10 I'll permaban u

What I look for in a verse depends on the level. If its a lower-tier/less-experienced battler then I'm mainly worried about everything making basic sense, as well as the rhymes working on a basic level. If its someone who has mastered the basics of writing something that makes sense, rhymes and disses their opponent, then I'm looking for punches with double-meanings, preferably flipped at the end of the line. The more original (but still sensible) the better. When it gets to really high-level stuff is where I start comparing personal vs generic punches, flow/swagger vs complex setups, unique angles and topic areas etc.

Ultimately I don't think you can read a verse specifically judging on a set list of factors, but more on how you feel after reading it, and which verse leaves you feeling more convinced at the end of reading the battle.