View Single Post
Unread 10-27-2020, 07:01 PM
Kiwi Peewee
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 22 Thread(s)
8 1589
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Gygax View Post
I don't think that's fair to the challenger. Imo if you are ready to put out a verse you should have that verse stand for you period. Illo won that battle and it's not his fault daddio wasn't at his peak. That's on daddio.
I'm not saying it doesn't count; but if someone like Real Talk or Illimit came back tomorrow I'm pretty confident I'd beat them (ie Rai beating OLDE ENGLISH 93–7), that doesn't make me top 10. It just means that styles and standards of battling and voting change significantly over time on LB, and what was dope in one era becomes poor in the next. That's why battlers that can adapt and continue to perform at the highest level across multiple eras (i.e. RULE for text, AllBoro for audio) or battlers whose original work continues to stand the test of time (i.e. UA) are the ones I put at the top of my lists.

Beating DaDDiO in his prime is something that is only possible for people who were active while DaDDiO was in his prime, that's just the nature of different eras of LB. Instead of his victory over DaDDiO I think you can judge ILLoKWENT by his two victories over Bleu in his prime, because that's who was around and at the top.
Unread 10-27-2020, 07:01 PM   #298

Kiwi Peewee
8 1589
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Voted: 49 audio / 843 text
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 22 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Gygax View Post
I don't think that's fair to the challenger. Imo if you are ready to put out a verse you should have that verse stand for you period. Illo won that battle and it's not his fault daddio wasn't at his peak. That's on daddio.
I'm not saying it doesn't count; but if someone like Real Talk or Illimit came back tomorrow I'm pretty confident I'd beat them (ie Rai beating OLDE ENGLISH 93–7), that doesn't make me top 10. It just means that styles and standards of battling and voting change significantly over time on LB, and what was dope in one era becomes poor in the next. That's why battlers that can adapt and continue to perform at the highest level across multiple eras (i.e. RULE for text, AllBoro for audio) or battlers whose original work continues to stand the test of time (i.e. UA) are the ones I put at the top of my lists.

Beating DaDDiO in his prime is something that is only possible for people who were active while DaDDiO was in his prime, that's just the nature of different eras of LB. Instead of his victory over DaDDiO I think you can judge ILLoKWENT by his two victories over Bleu in his prime, because that's who was around and at the top.