View Single Post
Unread 10-27-2020, 06:56 PM
J Gygax
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Peewee View Post
imo DaDDiO is over-rated. Great battler for sure, but comes in around #10 for me. His record is quite short relative to others around that level and not actually that impressive relative to the rest. Hugely respected and revered battler for sure, but not the GOAT.

ILLo beat DaDDiO when he was coming back and doing a run of a few battles after years of activity. It's a worthy victory that shows ILLo was above his peers (who DaDDiO smoked) but I wouldn't read too much into it, just like Lock's victory over DeNiro or RULE's victory over Lock. None of those battles were against the person in their prime.
I don't think that's fair to the challenger. Imo if you are ready to put out a verse you should have that verse stand for you period. Illo won that battle and it's not his fault daddio wasn't at his peak. That's on daddio.
Unread 10-27-2020, 06:56 PM   #297

J Gygax

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Peewee View Post
imo DaDDiO is over-rated. Great battler for sure, but comes in around #10 for me. His record is quite short relative to others around that level and not actually that impressive relative to the rest. Hugely respected and revered battler for sure, but not the GOAT.

ILLo beat DaDDiO when he was coming back and doing a run of a few battles after years of activity. It's a worthy victory that shows ILLo was above his peers (who DaDDiO smoked) but I wouldn't read too much into it, just like Lock's victory over DeNiro or RULE's victory over Lock. None of those battles were against the person in their prime.
I don't think that's fair to the challenger. Imo if you are ready to put out a verse you should have that verse stand for you period. Illo won that battle and it's not his fault daddio wasn't at his peak. That's on daddio.