View Single Post
Unread 12-17-2020, 08:21 PM
Kiwi Peewee
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Slang View Post
I mean the rule on biting is written pretty clearly.

So I'm not really sure how he got away with it the first time TBH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZulKarnain View Post
they was gonna ban me for posting a picture of a person.. or a video of a dudes baby moms.. and him.. when i found out he was a cop.. i posted his resume ,on my old account.. but i seen people get doxxed and nothin happens.. they are the type to ban skizzo for some shit but still have free skizzo in their sigs.. very contradictory .. if you view my sig,.. this is a former mod.. talking about how he came back.. to be respected after all his bans,fuck xcal/hvk.. and anyone who comes from that Ilk
LB's been around for a long time, and there've been lots of different mod teams with different styles and priorities and ways of doing things. With respect to posting personal information, in recent years staff have taken a very hard line against this and any doxing or anything of the sort will be met with banning by the current team if it is malicious. I can't speak for any previous mod teams, I'm sure some of them had plenty of issues and probably made many mistakes (or were even downright corrupt), but that doesn't mean the blame transfers to current staff.

With regards to biting, the rules were written in like 2005 or something. The way it's written on the rule page isn't necessarily the way the rules are enforced in the present. The paragraph you keep quoting says "with thousands of members listening to our battles daily", which is obviously wrong and hasn't been the case since the 2000s. The rules page should be updated, but none of the active staff have the power to make changes to it. The current official policy on biting is that mods should confer and discuss the issue together then reach a group decision and give the appropriate infraction and/or ban. Unfortunately this is written in the staff forums, which regular users don't have access to, but if you ask other users that have been around the site for a few years I'm sure they can confirm staff usually take time to investigate a biting accusation and work out what the appropriate response is.
Unread 12-17-2020, 08:21 PM   #18

Kiwi Peewee
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Voted: 49 audio / 843 text
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Slang View Post
I mean the rule on biting is written pretty clearly.

So I'm not really sure how he got away with it the first time TBH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZulKarnain View Post
they was gonna ban me for posting a picture of a person.. or a video of a dudes baby moms.. and him.. when i found out he was a cop.. i posted his resume ,on my old account.. but i seen people get doxxed and nothin happens.. they are the type to ban skizzo for some shit but still have free skizzo in their sigs.. very contradictory .. if you view my sig,.. this is a former mod.. talking about how he came back.. to be respected after all his bans,fuck xcal/hvk.. and anyone who comes from that Ilk
LB's been around for a long time, and there've been lots of different mod teams with different styles and priorities and ways of doing things. With respect to posting personal information, in recent years staff have taken a very hard line against this and any doxing or anything of the sort will be met with banning by the current team if it is malicious. I can't speak for any previous mod teams, I'm sure some of them had plenty of issues and probably made many mistakes (or were even downright corrupt), but that doesn't mean the blame transfers to current staff.

With regards to biting, the rules were written in like 2005 or something. The way it's written on the rule page isn't necessarily the way the rules are enforced in the present. The paragraph you keep quoting says "with thousands of members listening to our battles daily", which is obviously wrong and hasn't been the case since the 2000s. The rules page should be updated, but none of the active staff have the power to make changes to it. The current official policy on biting is that mods should confer and discuss the issue together then reach a group decision and give the appropriate infraction and/or ban. Unfortunately this is written in the staff forums, which regular users don't have access to, but if you ask other users that have been around the site for a few years I'm sure they can confirm staff usually take time to investigate a biting accusation and work out what the appropriate response is.