View Single Post
Unread 03-31-2020, 07:10 PM
Squammy Squammy is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!Squammy is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.94/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
64 Won / 4 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esso View Post
I was contacted on FB by Rule and asked if I wanted to participate. To my knowledge, I wasn’t the only one who wasn’t in the top 64. It was like 5 other people and I was told they were allowing those as Wild Cards because of multi accounts, people who weren’t active and people who claimed they didn’t want to participate. It’s hard to field 64 active folks as there were plenty of 1st and 2nd round no shows as it was so I can’t blame Rule for doing that. It raised the level of competition, ensured less no shows, and gave people some entertainment in the process. I understand the feeling that it should be the 64 in order and that’s it. It used to be active enough to do that and pull off a great tourney. Hasn’t been that way for a minute though.
Its no shot at you dog and I'm sure there were others, I just mentioned you since you did the best as that's the best example. Its all respect.

If its hard to field 64 active battlers (and even then that requires including people with literally 0 wins 10 losses in a season) and 64 leads to mad no shows, then it should be a 32, plain and simple.

No wildcards and no participation trophies (cos right now literally everyone who has battled 5 times has qualified, even 0 wins and all losses). If you wanna qualify you gotta battle at least 5 times and be in the top 32. Might ensure some competition in the seasonal off-tournament clashes and discourages complacency. Everyone gotta keep active and sharp. Can't just wait for a handout.

Last edited by Squammy; 03-31-2020 at 07:13 PM.
Unread 03-31-2020, 07:10 PM   #14

Squammy Squammy is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!Squammy is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.94/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
64 Won / 4 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 7 audio / 102 text
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esso View Post
I was contacted on FB by Rule and asked if I wanted to participate. To my knowledge, I wasn’t the only one who wasn’t in the top 64. It was like 5 other people and I was told they were allowing those as Wild Cards because of multi accounts, people who weren’t active and people who claimed they didn’t want to participate. It’s hard to field 64 active folks as there were plenty of 1st and 2nd round no shows as it was so I can’t blame Rule for doing that. It raised the level of competition, ensured less no shows, and gave people some entertainment in the process. I understand the feeling that it should be the 64 in order and that’s it. It used to be active enough to do that and pull off a great tourney. Hasn’t been that way for a minute though.
Its no shot at you dog and I'm sure there were others, I just mentioned you since you did the best as that's the best example. Its all respect.

If its hard to field 64 active battlers (and even then that requires including people with literally 0 wins 10 losses in a season) and 64 leads to mad no shows, then it should be a 32, plain and simple.

No wildcards and no participation trophies (cos right now literally everyone who has battled 5 times has qualified, even 0 wins and all losses). If you wanna qualify you gotta battle at least 5 times and be in the top 32. Might ensure some competition in the seasonal off-tournament clashes and discourages complacency. Everyone gotta keep active and sharp. Can't just wait for a handout.

Last edited by Squammy; 03-31-2020 at 07:13 PM.