View Single Post
Unread 03-01-2020, 03:32 PM
GOOD GRIEF
Mentioned: 550 Post(s)
Tagged: 56 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
34 Won / 10 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seul View Post
I dont like the whole guest in hip hop shit. Art brings people together, stop using it to separate us (I'm not black nor white).

Eminem popularized hip-hop to other races, he made them feel like they got a place in it. Hes the reason why the door opened to others. Indirectly, I think hes the reason why hip-hop has become the most popular music genre today. He may not be the only reason for this, but he had a major part to play.

Lord Jamar is just a racist tbh. People like that claim they sticking up for blacks but his actions only separate us more and cause animosity.

EDIT: Welcome back, NOBLE.
I’m not saying anyone is a guest. Fuck Jamar and fuck the guest part. What I’m saying is hip hop needs to be recognized as a black art form. That’s why I used the anime metaphor. Anime is a Japanese art form part of the Japanese culture. Others are welcome to view and create anime regardless of nationality... BUT it’s Japan’s style. It’s Japan’s shit PERIOD.

We can share and care and let everyone in the hip hop culture all we want but it was primarily made by blacks and should be recognized as such. Not sugar coating that. I get that this sort of term may FEEL dividing but it’s better than not recognizing a culture for what it is for the sake of inclusivity. It’s just a label (but in this case the lable is important imo).
Unread 03-01-2020, 03:32 PM   #26

GOOD GRIEF
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
34 Won / 10 Lost

Voted: 8 audio / 155 text
Mentioned: 550 Post(s)
Tagged: 56 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seul View Post
I dont like the whole guest in hip hop shit. Art brings people together, stop using it to separate us (I'm not black nor white).

Eminem popularized hip-hop to other races, he made them feel like they got a place in it. Hes the reason why the door opened to others. Indirectly, I think hes the reason why hip-hop has become the most popular music genre today. He may not be the only reason for this, but he had a major part to play.

Lord Jamar is just a racist tbh. People like that claim they sticking up for blacks but his actions only separate us more and cause animosity.

EDIT: Welcome back, NOBLE.
I’m not saying anyone is a guest. Fuck Jamar and fuck the guest part. What I’m saying is hip hop needs to be recognized as a black art form. That’s why I used the anime metaphor. Anime is a Japanese art form part of the Japanese culture. Others are welcome to view and create anime regardless of nationality... BUT it’s Japan’s style. It’s Japan’s shit PERIOD.

We can share and care and let everyone in the hip hop culture all we want but it was primarily made by blacks and should be recognized as such. Not sugar coating that. I get that this sort of term may FEEL dividing but it’s better than not recognizing a culture for what it is for the sake of inclusivity. It’s just a label (but in this case the lable is important imo).