View Single Post
Unread 03-01-2020, 12:18 AM
Guts
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seul View Post
I dont like the whole guest in hip hop shit. Art brings people together, stop using it to separate us (I'm not black nor white).

Eminem popularized hip-hop to other races, he made them feel like they got a place in it. Hes the reason why the door opened to others. Indirectly, I think hes the reason why hip-hop has become the most popular music genre today. He may not be the only reason for this, but he had a major part to play.

Lord Jamar is just a racist tbh. People like that claim they sticking up for blacks but his actions only separate us more and cause animosity.

EDIT: Welcome back, NOBLE.
i have to agree with this for the most part. when you say white rappers are a guest, or that rap is black music, that's just segregation, and it's funny how the shoe never fits when the tables are turned. the black singer for a metal band is a good example. beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so just like there's nothing wrong with being a homosexual, there's nothing wrong with being attracted to making music that a particular group of people make. also, being the first to start a movement doedn't define the movement forever. the basketball point Celsius makes is solid.
Unread 03-01-2020, 12:18 AM   #21

Guts

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seul View Post
I dont like the whole guest in hip hop shit. Art brings people together, stop using it to separate us (I'm not black nor white).

Eminem popularized hip-hop to other races, he made them feel like they got a place in it. Hes the reason why the door opened to others. Indirectly, I think hes the reason why hip-hop has become the most popular music genre today. He may not be the only reason for this, but he had a major part to play.

Lord Jamar is just a racist tbh. People like that claim they sticking up for blacks but his actions only separate us more and cause animosity.

EDIT: Welcome back, NOBLE.
i have to agree with this for the most part. when you say white rappers are a guest, or that rap is black music, that's just segregation, and it's funny how the shoe never fits when the tables are turned. the black singer for a metal band is a good example. beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so just like there's nothing wrong with being a homosexual, there's nothing wrong with being attracted to making music that a particular group of people make. also, being the first to start a movement doedn't define the movement forever. the basketball point Celsius makes is solid.