View Single Post
Unread 02-20-2020, 09:19 PM
Locchart
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esso View Post
I could see both of these hurting voting. If you don’t know the participants and/or can’t control which battles you decide to vote on, it will lessen the likelihood that folks will check it out after a while. There’s a lot more rough than diamonds and if folks keep ending up not being able to vote for battles they may have interest in or look forward to, I can see it being more harm than good.

A variation on the double blind would be to know the participants but not know whose verse was whose until after you vote. If you’re looking to up voter turnout, make tournaments cost credits to enter. Say 15-20
Battles worth of credits. That way if you want to enter a tourney, which is what usually draws people out the woodwork, you have to vote every other day for a month at minimum to get into it.
The problem with not knowing who’s verse was who’s is that it will be easy to decipher once personals are thrown in to the mix

I still personally think tournaments should have a credit requirement for entry and you can only gain credits via voting (I.e. 250 credits to enter a secondary tournament, 350 to enter a GC)
Unread 02-20-2020, 09:19 PM   #74

Locchart

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esso View Post
I could see both of these hurting voting. If you don’t know the participants and/or can’t control which battles you decide to vote on, it will lessen the likelihood that folks will check it out after a while. There’s a lot more rough than diamonds and if folks keep ending up not being able to vote for battles they may have interest in or look forward to, I can see it being more harm than good.

A variation on the double blind would be to know the participants but not know whose verse was whose until after you vote. If you’re looking to up voter turnout, make tournaments cost credits to enter. Say 15-20
Battles worth of credits. That way if you want to enter a tourney, which is what usually draws people out the woodwork, you have to vote every other day for a month at minimum to get into it.
The problem with not knowing who’s verse was who’s is that it will be easy to decipher once personals are thrown in to the mix

I still personally think tournaments should have a credit requirement for entry and you can only gain credits via voting (I.e. 250 credits to enter a secondary tournament, 350 to enter a GC)