Thread: Ok, so uhh..
View Single Post
Unread 09-04-2022, 09:24 AM
NOBLE
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter View Post
I was thinking...this site should have like 4-6 main judges (preferably 3 audio, 3 text) who vote on every open battle on the site and still allow anyone to vote on them. This eliminates battles not closing at a reasonable time and people complaining about hate votes. Because this is where vp would come into play. Instead of starting everyone out with 2 vp we should be given 1 vp whereas the judges (along with the mods/admins) should have 3 vp. The judges votes would then easily outweigh the rest of the voters votes unless it's like a hot battle that's received a lot of votes. The voting for credits criteria doesn't need to change, but maybe offer more credits per battle voted on or offer like goals/milestones that grants users more credits once achieved (for example; vote 5 battles get 10 credits, and so forth). And it would be nothing like the FVC because these "judges" would be voting on every battle in the text/audio section (not just a few links here and there with a quota to meet). Make it like a job with no pay but benefits for them. Offer like emcee items/credits (or even a title). Plus, it would already make them well-regarded and fairly well-known just on voting every battle alone. How do y'all feel about this?

@Pugz @NOBLE
Neither me nor Pugz are staff anymore, so you may want to mention @Óðinn, @Mindless or @Student instead. The idea of having a dedicated group of voters is a good one, and at the current (not-busy) pace of battles dropping, probably attainable to vote on every single open that drops. I personally think everyone having 1vp while staff/judges have 3vp is a huge disparity. If you want to see something like this happen, my advice is to not wait for a member of staff to initiate it, but that you should initiate it yourself. See who wants to be a part of something like this, discuss among yourselves what the rules and rewards should be. Then once you reach a consensus on all that, THEN present it to a staff member and see if they're willing to enforce it.
Unread 09-04-2022, 09:24 AM   #4

NOBLE
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 407 audio / 1061 text
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter View Post
I was thinking...this site should have like 4-6 main judges (preferably 3 audio, 3 text) who vote on every open battle on the site and still allow anyone to vote on them. This eliminates battles not closing at a reasonable time and people complaining about hate votes. Because this is where vp would come into play. Instead of starting everyone out with 2 vp we should be given 1 vp whereas the judges (along with the mods/admins) should have 3 vp. The judges votes would then easily outweigh the rest of the voters votes unless it's like a hot battle that's received a lot of votes. The voting for credits criteria doesn't need to change, but maybe offer more credits per battle voted on or offer like goals/milestones that grants users more credits once achieved (for example; vote 5 battles get 10 credits, and so forth). And it would be nothing like the FVC because these "judges" would be voting on every battle in the text/audio section (not just a few links here and there with a quota to meet). Make it like a job with no pay but benefits for them. Offer like emcee items/credits (or even a title). Plus, it would already make them well-regarded and fairly well-known just on voting every battle alone. How do y'all feel about this?

@Pugz @NOBLE
Neither me nor Pugz are staff anymore, so you may want to mention @Óðinn, @Mindless or @Student instead. The idea of having a dedicated group of voters is a good one, and at the current (not-busy) pace of battles dropping, probably attainable to vote on every single open that drops. I personally think everyone having 1vp while staff/judges have 3vp is a huge disparity. If you want to see something like this happen, my advice is to not wait for a member of staff to initiate it, but that you should initiate it yourself. See who wants to be a part of something like this, discuss among yourselves what the rules and rewards should be. Then once you reach a consensus on all that, THEN present it to a staff member and see if they're willing to enforce it.
Offline   Reply With Quote