Thread: Wow that's sad
View Single Post
Unread 01-18-2015, 12:00 PM
Dono
Mentioned: 782 Post(s)
Tagged: 61 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
11 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Estimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.6/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
35 Won / 37 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

It didn't have a topic or deadline for any of that time. And at least a solid 2 months of it was the semi-finals being stalled haha. But yeah it was open without a topic or deadline for a long time.

My biggest issue is the way Rock choose to handle shit, honestly. It would have been a different story if he didn't address it by blowing up immediately, making a public thread, more than half-accusing me of planning it with row, then giving a fake ass 'go fuck yourself' congratulations.

He didn't message me, he didn't even tag me. He didn't do anything about approaching me with his little feelings of being screwed out of it besides start cussing and pointing fingers in public space.

So if the dude's gonna be an asshole and not show an ounce of respect plus go behind my back to cry about it why would I want to do him any favors?

You think vitriol or stricc or a hundred other people would have responded this way? Not a chance. It's about respect, you don't show me any, you don't get any back.

Now the angle I'd imagine you'd be taking (and feel free to correct me with your vision if I'm wrong) would be concerning the legitimacy of the tournament and the value of the title being diminished.

The tournament ran with more than a 50% no-show rate. M-rock would have only had to have beaten one person to end up with a title. From the quarter finals to the actual finals, there was only one battle that went through. And yes, between the semi-finals and the finals it was open an extremely long period of time.

So in my mind, regardless of the outcomes the tournament quality, legitimacy and competitiveness of the entire thing was meh. But I guarantee Rock over here would have been proud to parade around with it if he won one battle against me for it.

And please tell me how closing a battle far after the deadline is 'unfair modding'.

Last edited by Dono; 01-18-2015 at 12:04 PM.
Unread 01-18-2015, 12:00 PM   #83

Dono
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
11 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Estimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.6/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
35 Won / 37 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 24 audio / 306 text
Mentioned: 782 Post(s)
Tagged: 61 Thread(s)

It didn't have a topic or deadline for any of that time. And at least a solid 2 months of it was the semi-finals being stalled haha. But yeah it was open without a topic or deadline for a long time.

My biggest issue is the way Rock choose to handle shit, honestly. It would have been a different story if he didn't address it by blowing up immediately, making a public thread, more than half-accusing me of planning it with row, then giving a fake ass 'go fuck yourself' congratulations.

He didn't message me, he didn't even tag me. He didn't do anything about approaching me with his little feelings of being screwed out of it besides start cussing and pointing fingers in public space.

So if the dude's gonna be an asshole and not show an ounce of respect plus go behind my back to cry about it why would I want to do him any favors?

You think vitriol or stricc or a hundred other people would have responded this way? Not a chance. It's about respect, you don't show me any, you don't get any back.

Now the angle I'd imagine you'd be taking (and feel free to correct me with your vision if I'm wrong) would be concerning the legitimacy of the tournament and the value of the title being diminished.

The tournament ran with more than a 50% no-show rate. M-rock would have only had to have beaten one person to end up with a title. From the quarter finals to the actual finals, there was only one battle that went through. And yes, between the semi-finals and the finals it was open an extremely long period of time.

So in my mind, regardless of the outcomes the tournament quality, legitimacy and competitiveness of the entire thing was meh. But I guarantee Rock over here would have been proud to parade around with it if he won one battle against me for it.

And please tell me how closing a battle far after the deadline is 'unfair modding'.

Last edited by Dono; 01-18-2015 at 12:04 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote