View Single Post
Unread 12-31-2014, 12:04 PM
Rant
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

First and foremost, this was a difficult topic. I felt Dono took a more cliche approach with his story, and I felt it seemed rushed, and a bit lack luster comparatively to what he's capable of. The ending to me just didn't slide, and really took away from the visceral setting of the piece as a whole. I felt Row's approach to the topic was more creative, which seemed to draw me in more to the piece. It also had a semblance of being rushed, especially with some of the redundancy in the first portion, and the first point of view. Some of the rhyming seemed pretty lack luster, and the imagery just wasn't there for me, in extreme detail. Which is something that Dono had in droves. This was a really close call, and it's difficult to make a decision, but, I think I have to lean toward the more creative use of the topic overall.

MVGT - Row.
Unread 12-31-2014, 12:04 PM   #13

Rant

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

First and foremost, this was a difficult topic. I felt Dono took a more cliche approach with his story, and I felt it seemed rushed, and a bit lack luster comparatively to what he's capable of. The ending to me just didn't slide, and really took away from the visceral setting of the piece as a whole. I felt Row's approach to the topic was more creative, which seemed to draw me in more to the piece. It also had a semblance of being rushed, especially with some of the redundancy in the first portion, and the first point of view. Some of the rhyming seemed pretty lack luster, and the imagery just wasn't there for me, in extreme detail. Which is something that Dono had in droves. This was a really close call, and it's difficult to make a decision, but, I think I have to lean toward the more creative use of the topic overall.

MVGT - Row.