View Single Post
Unread 12-21-2019, 11:56 PM
IAmFlow
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
7 Won / 7 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.21/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.21/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
192 Won / 43 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
10 Won / 2 Lost

@Aggo

I think that idea could be pretty good. It's something that I would not implement immediately though. First course of action would be moving forward with a simpler plan, getting members, and setting it up by the new year. But possibly build into that over the course of time when needed.

@Sabu

That is my idea on this completely. REZN made the best point of making sure the stray battles are hit up to help new members and give them a reason to want to stay on the site as far as not completely prioritizing the high profile battles. But aside from that I don't see a reason for rapidly firing out as many votes as possible.

@Guts If it doesn't end up working out I agree with you the sense that maybe trying something else like just adjusting vp. However, I do believe a team of voters that is majority respected and people can expect good, quality votes from them every single time isn't something to just scoff at either. This isn't the past where there is 10 pages of battles, and I also clicked on top random battles that all closed. You know how many of those battles had current FVC members votes on them.... 1, just a single battle. Which is one of the points I want to make in regards to the quantity. It's not something that needs to be endlessly burdened on the FVC members, these battles still got enough votes. And I think it's common sense that those that are applying for the application are going to expected to drop more than just a handful of votes.

@EtH

I understand where you are coming from, but in saying that there was only 3 FVC voters that got you to the 15 votes. So the I get you enjoy the quantity but there will always been far more regular voters than there will be in the FVC, so I believe the higher profile battles will still see those kindve votes depending on the activity of the site as a whole. I wanted to really utilize the fact that the FVC votes count more and their votes are expected to show that they understood what they read and were able to leave a reason that both battlers understand as well. In my eyes the FVC should be the guys that majority of the site trusts to have their votes count extra because no matter what is said in the vote it is honest, genuine, and that they knew what they were talking about.

Also going back to what I said to guts. I mean check the recent list those battles are closing without FVC votes so I don't think that is really the issue and if it becomes one it's something that can be encourages, or fixed within the process of the FVC. And as I am typing and thinking about it, if quantity becomes an issue, I firmly believe it is a site wide problem. Remember FVC is a handful of selection from the majority. The underlying issue is that everyone else has no reason to vote. While the FVC can certainly help with that problem I 100% believe that that is what will create the inactivity of FVC members over time because it becomes much larger burden.

@Seul

I like the method used, other than the dumb random nothing battles. If it's not a newer member or a battle that actually needs feed. It's really uneeded for the FVC to focus their time on that unless it's for closing purposes and honestly, since I've been back nothing has really been sitting there and I can say that it is the current FVC that is running through closing them either. These are just regular members voting.

However, the rest of the method is something that can be put in a separate thread. To encourage use, if they are struggling with a system of effectively voting. But in the sense of making them follow a specific method I won't do.

As for the comments as a whole. Again I want to restate that those in the FVC are volunteering their time to make it work. I believe the people applying are obviously coming into the FVC knowing they will be expected to have better votes and vote a bit more than the regular member. Requirements don't work and I want the FVC to be a positive encouraging environment. And not run like it's a telemarketing office with quotas and just about pushing out as much as possible. I feel it's obvious that that approach has not worked and in the end will wear down the FVC members which is what will create the inactivity that people have been mentioning.

Also keep in mind that I will have plenty of time to make threads, and stay in contact with those in it. To continue discuss ways to improve the FVC as well as give them the links of battles that could use their votes. I also want everyone to keep in mind that it can be ever changing, so if something doesn't work, I will change it, it's not all set in stone.

As far as the next step, I have read everyones ideas and concerns and I appreciate and value everything everyone has had to say. Tomorrow I will be getting rid of most of the threads in the FVC section to clean it out so we can start over and setting up the application page. That will be up for a few days and then moved into the voting/choosing the FVC members stage and go from there. There should be ample of time from now until the new year to get it at the very least started with chosen members. Then continue to work on the system from there.

I will be out for the night in about 10 min. But please if you have any other comments, share them.
Unread 12-21-2019, 11:56 PM   #33

IAmFlow
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
7 Won / 7 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.21/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.21/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
192 Won / 43 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
10 Won / 2 Lost

Voted: 166 audio / 1340 text
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

@Aggo

I think that idea could be pretty good. It's something that I would not implement immediately though. First course of action would be moving forward with a simpler plan, getting members, and setting it up by the new year. But possibly build into that over the course of time when needed.

@Sabu

That is my idea on this completely. REZN made the best point of making sure the stray battles are hit up to help new members and give them a reason to want to stay on the site as far as not completely prioritizing the high profile battles. But aside from that I don't see a reason for rapidly firing out as many votes as possible.

@Guts If it doesn't end up working out I agree with you the sense that maybe trying something else like just adjusting vp. However, I do believe a team of voters that is majority respected and people can expect good, quality votes from them every single time isn't something to just scoff at either. This isn't the past where there is 10 pages of battles, and I also clicked on top random battles that all closed. You know how many of those battles had current FVC members votes on them.... 1, just a single battle. Which is one of the points I want to make in regards to the quantity. It's not something that needs to be endlessly burdened on the FVC members, these battles still got enough votes. And I think it's common sense that those that are applying for the application are going to expected to drop more than just a handful of votes.

@EtH

I understand where you are coming from, but in saying that there was only 3 FVC voters that got you to the 15 votes. So the I get you enjoy the quantity but there will always been far more regular voters than there will be in the FVC, so I believe the higher profile battles will still see those kindve votes depending on the activity of the site as a whole. I wanted to really utilize the fact that the FVC votes count more and their votes are expected to show that they understood what they read and were able to leave a reason that both battlers understand as well. In my eyes the FVC should be the guys that majority of the site trusts to have their votes count extra because no matter what is said in the vote it is honest, genuine, and that they knew what they were talking about.

Also going back to what I said to guts. I mean check the recent list those battles are closing without FVC votes so I don't think that is really the issue and if it becomes one it's something that can be encourages, or fixed within the process of the FVC. And as I am typing and thinking about it, if quantity becomes an issue, I firmly believe it is a site wide problem. Remember FVC is a handful of selection from the majority. The underlying issue is that everyone else has no reason to vote. While the FVC can certainly help with that problem I 100% believe that that is what will create the inactivity of FVC members over time because it becomes much larger burden.

@Seul

I like the method used, other than the dumb random nothing battles. If it's not a newer member or a battle that actually needs feed. It's really uneeded for the FVC to focus their time on that unless it's for closing purposes and honestly, since I've been back nothing has really been sitting there and I can say that it is the current FVC that is running through closing them either. These are just regular members voting.

However, the rest of the method is something that can be put in a separate thread. To encourage use, if they are struggling with a system of effectively voting. But in the sense of making them follow a specific method I won't do.

As for the comments as a whole. Again I want to restate that those in the FVC are volunteering their time to make it work. I believe the people applying are obviously coming into the FVC knowing they will be expected to have better votes and vote a bit more than the regular member. Requirements don't work and I want the FVC to be a positive encouraging environment. And not run like it's a telemarketing office with quotas and just about pushing out as much as possible. I feel it's obvious that that approach has not worked and in the end will wear down the FVC members which is what will create the inactivity that people have been mentioning.

Also keep in mind that I will have plenty of time to make threads, and stay in contact with those in it. To continue discuss ways to improve the FVC as well as give them the links of battles that could use their votes. I also want everyone to keep in mind that it can be ever changing, so if something doesn't work, I will change it, it's not all set in stone.

As far as the next step, I have read everyones ideas and concerns and I appreciate and value everything everyone has had to say. Tomorrow I will be getting rid of most of the threads in the FVC section to clean it out so we can start over and setting up the application page. That will be up for a few days and then moved into the voting/choosing the FVC members stage and go from there. There should be ample of time from now until the new year to get it at the very least started with chosen members. Then continue to work on the system from there.

I will be out for the night in about 10 min. But please if you have any other comments, share them.