View Single Post
Unread 08-23-2019, 08:03 PM
X
The Boss
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 41 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyBarz View Post
All I'm saying is I joined about 4-6 weeks ago, through google. So it's not DEAD. What is DEAD is some people's ability and common sense to understand how shit changes, and the context of online platforms changes and needs to be contemporary. I am a user on a few discord servers which are purely just for rap battles, etc, and that is where the main shift has gone.

But like someone mentioned, pushing out and advocating the site to other platforms, even making other platforms such as discord, twitter, etc - Would increase exposure. No point sitting back beggin for votes and points, moaning and saying RIP, when clearly motherfuckers moaning are still here posting.

Simple solution: Owner of the site may have commitments and equally a life to lead, but for the site and the content, and the system it has, which is sick (fuck asking about updates; it's sick even on an old version) he/she does need to engage with the community and make their intentions clear.

Even if it means they need help on the back end of the website, and programming or web development, security bla bla - Just say, that shit is easily solved, and i'd happily engage. But like anything in life, something is only as good as the person it is led by, and their commitment. Sentimental or not, the owner needs to recognise the loyalty to the site from what i can see, and needs to step back if they are unable to implement solutions.

And the community is asking for clarity, and it's time to take heads out of the sand.
Welcome to LB @DirtyBarz

I'm here, I've made my intentions clear in a number of threads in the announcements forum about the new version of the site.

I'm working on the new version with limited time & resources. If there are folks that are experienced with React & Node.js & MySQL and want to contribute, DM me.

What I hear in this thread is a desire for more community involvement, and with my limited time and the removal of the moderator staff the community driven activities have gone down. However, you don't need a moderator title to drive an event here and folks like @Rai have been stepping up and doing this, I'm happy to help set up tournaments based off forums etc.

I want to hear ideas from the community how we can have a fair moderation system for battles, that is more community-driven, than driven by individuals.
Unread 08-23-2019, 08:03 PM   #54

X
The Boss

Voted: 148 audio / 43 text
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 41 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyBarz View Post
All I'm saying is I joined about 4-6 weeks ago, through google. So it's not DEAD. What is DEAD is some people's ability and common sense to understand how shit changes, and the context of online platforms changes and needs to be contemporary. I am a user on a few discord servers which are purely just for rap battles, etc, and that is where the main shift has gone.

But like someone mentioned, pushing out and advocating the site to other platforms, even making other platforms such as discord, twitter, etc - Would increase exposure. No point sitting back beggin for votes and points, moaning and saying RIP, when clearly motherfuckers moaning are still here posting.

Simple solution: Owner of the site may have commitments and equally a life to lead, but for the site and the content, and the system it has, which is sick (fuck asking about updates; it's sick even on an old version) he/she does need to engage with the community and make their intentions clear.

Even if it means they need help on the back end of the website, and programming or web development, security bla bla - Just say, that shit is easily solved, and i'd happily engage. But like anything in life, something is only as good as the person it is led by, and their commitment. Sentimental or not, the owner needs to recognise the loyalty to the site from what i can see, and needs to step back if they are unable to implement solutions.

And the community is asking for clarity, and it's time to take heads out of the sand.
Welcome to LB @DirtyBarz

I'm here, I've made my intentions clear in a number of threads in the announcements forum about the new version of the site.

I'm working on the new version with limited time & resources. If there are folks that are experienced with React & Node.js & MySQL and want to contribute, DM me.

What I hear in this thread is a desire for more community involvement, and with my limited time and the removal of the moderator staff the community driven activities have gone down. However, you don't need a moderator title to drive an event here and folks like @Rai have been stepping up and doing this, I'm happy to help set up tournaments based off forums etc.

I want to hear ideas from the community how we can have a fair moderation system for battles, that is more community-driven, than driven by individuals.
Offline   Reply With Quote